Sophos XG Review

A stable, flexible, and easy-to-use solution that works well and comes with a web management portal that can be accessed from anywhere

What is our primary use case?

It can be used as a firewall, SD-WAN enabler, and secure web gateway. You can also use it for unified threat management, email detection, mobile device management, and wireless management. I use it in the cloud and on-premises, and I have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable, flexible, and easy to use. It has got a web management portal that can be accessed from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more artificial intelligence in the web monitoring service that comes with it. It should alert us when particular events happen. It has already got some of that. I know that it is more of a service, and Sophos is already looking at it. It is called SIEM.

I have been using this solution for a few years.

We have roughly 700 users who use this firewall.

I have interacted with them a few times. I am very satisfied with their technical support.

We were using FortiGate.

It is easy to install. I have done the installation in less than a day.

We did it ourselves. We have two people for its deployment. We have one engineer and one admin.

It is not that expensive compared to the other solutions. It is about the same price range as Fortigate, which we used previously. Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We're very happy with the product. It works very well, and we don't have too many issues.

I would rate Sophos XG a nine out of ten.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.