Sophos XG Review

A stable and seamless solution with good support and useful VPN and filtering features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for VPN and for filtering direct traffic. We are using XG50.

What is most valuable?

The VPN feature is the most valuable. It has come in handy during this period when people are working from home.

The filtering feature is also valuable because you can easily filter the sites that you don't want to visit. You can also set timely surfing quotas.

What needs improvement?

They made some changes to the firmware update sometime last year, which moved some of the policies from where they were before. Some of the policies, such as NAS policies, were separated, which made it a bit hard for people to trace the policies they had configured.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It has been very stable. We haven't had any outages. It has been seamless.

I am not quite sure about that. In terms of the number of nodes, we have around 200 nodes. All the internet traffic has to go through Sophos XG. In terms of the number of people who handle the support, we have two people.

Their technical support is good. Whenever I have contacted them, they have given us support. They have been quite fast.

We were using Cyberoam. When they were acquired, we just upgraded to Sophos because, at that time, they were providing the hardware and support to transfer your configs to Sophos.

Its initial setup was done by a contractor. We just maintain it. We have an expert, and we also have access to an IT department.

In terms of price, it is a mid-range product.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Sophos XG an eight out of ten.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.