Sophos XG Review

A stable firewall solution with a useful tunneling feature.

What is our primary use case?

We use Sophos XG for the firewall.

What is most valuable?

I like the tunneling part which we are using for the VOIP. We have various other sites where we connect via tunneling. The tunneling part is very fast and easy to implement.

The deployment is very easy for my network team, and it is very easy to implement policies. The support that Sophos provides for the upgrade of new features and their interaction with the customer is very good.

Customer engagement is what I like about the product. We are very well informed about what is going on and new best practices. If anything new has gone wrong or anything in the world of cybersecurity we should know about, they will let us know.

Any firewall is dependent on how you use it. It's also on the user, how you configure it, what you allow, and what you don't allow, and so on. The ease of defining policies and the customer connect is what I appreciate about Sophos.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they made their own hardware like Palo Alto and Fortinet. They use their own ASICs and claim it is more secure.

The SD-WAN can be improved. The traffic optimization somehow needs to be improved, or there is a scope for improvement in Sophos XG.

It would be better if they moved towards the cloud side of things. Now a lot of things are moving on to the cloud.

I have been using Sophos XG for a couple of years.

Sophos XG is a stable product.

Sophos XG is scalable.

The Sophos forum and Sophos direct support are excellent.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Sophos support a ten.

We had Cyberoam, which Sophos took over.

The initial setup is straightforward and took us about a week to deploy.

An internal team made up of two people implemented Sophos XG.

We generally buy it for a three-year license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Sophos XG to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Sophos XG an eight.

XG 135
More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.