Sophos XG Review

A reliable product that provides remote VPN capability and multifactor authentication

What is our primary use case?

We are using Sophos XG for remote two-factor authentication. We manage the web and application access, as well as the traffic. We also used it for remote, site-to-site VPNs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote VPN.

The multifactor authentication is helpful because whenever the user wants to connect to the firewall, they have to use the authenticator before they can access it.

The LAN traffic management features such as implicit denial are very good.

What needs improvement?

Technical support can be slow to respond, which is something that should be improved.

In the future, I would like to see the addition of artificial intelligence for identifying and controlling traffic.

We have been using Sophos XG for the past year.

This is a reliable solution.

This product is scalable. We have approximately 400 users, spread across different departments. As our production increases and we onboard more users, we will extend the use of Sophos XG.

The technical support team is good but sometimes, there is a large delay in answering the phones.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We had assistance from the vendor during the onboarding process when the system was being set up. They spotted a lot of things during the implementation, which helped.

We get a return on this investment because the inbuilt two-factor authentication means that we don't need to purchase a third-party tool for this security feature.

The price is good and licensing fees are billed on a yearly basis.

We evaluated Cisco Firepower but we found that Sophos XG was more efficient in terms of cost. As such, we implemented XG.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend for organizations with a medium-level or large-level infrastructure.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.