Sophos XG Review

Secure and stable tunnels with web filtering and application control give us confidence in our security

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for connecting site-to-site and client-to-site VPN for two protocols, IPsec and SSL VPN. We use encrypted tunnels to achieve fully secure connectivity between sites and clients.

It gives me a very good, stable connection in all tunnels.

How has it helped my organization?

Of course, it improves my organization to achieve fully secure connectivity between sites and clients.

It has a good web filtering database and a good application control database in addition to intrusion prevention. Together, these give me confidence in our security.

What is most valuable?

All of the features in this solution are good. The most valuable is the IPsec VPN tunneling and SSL VPN tunneling, both site-to-site and client-to-site.

The log viewer is extremely helpful for analyzing all incoming and outgoing traffic.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have remote access to clients using a static IP for a certain period of time. This would allow me to log in to any client, remotely, with a known and fixed IP address.

We have been using this solution for five years.

This is the first solution that we implemented.

It's a suitable price and license.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.