SQL Server Review

Straightforward setup and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for integration into an ERP system. We also use it for our internal development of products.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many users, between 50 and 100 using the SQL Server product.

What is most valuable?

We have been using SQL Server from the start, so it's a stable product.

What needs improvement?

I think a web console for the management studio, I think that would be a good thing. I think also on load balancing. I think that's something that we can use.

We've been using SQL Server for 12 years. We are currently using the latest version. It is deployed on-premise and cloud.

The product is stable.

The product is scalable.

Right now we don't get much technical support from Microsoft. I think for all issues we encounter, we do the solutions by ourselves. I think if there should be some avenue for us to raise some issues that we are encountering, so maybe that would be something that's good for us as well. It is not easy to contact Microsoft support for this product.

Setup required two engineers to deploy it. It was pretty straightforward and took one to two days.

We didn't have any licensing costs for SQL Server.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others and give it an 8 out of 10.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More SQL Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about SQL Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.