SQL Server Review

Easy query creation, scalable, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using SQL Server for the backend of our SAP and are planning on moving to a cloud version soon.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped our organization by providing a backbone for our SAP. We would not be able to operate without it.

What is most valuable?

We have found the solution valuable because we are able to easily create a query, shrink, backup, and make new tables.

What needs improvement?

We are using an older version of SQL Server and the migration to a newer version could be made easier.

If you are a new user then this solution could be difficult, they could improve by making the overall usage easier.

In an upcoming release, they could improve the ability to customize the solution.

I have been using SQL Server for approximately ten years.

We have not experienced any problems with the stability of this solution.

SQL Server is scalable.

We have not used the support from Microsoft. However, we did have freelance support a few times.

The installation is very easy. We did not have any challenges.

The price of the solution is very expensive. If I went with the cloud version of SQL a license would cost me approximately 11,000 Riyals per month.

We have a team that has evaluated other solutions before we chose SQL Server, such as Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. However, Oracle has a good reputation for quality that might be a better choice.

I rate SQL Server an eight out of ten.

2008 R2
More SQL Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about SQL Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.