SQL Server Review

Overall high quality features, reliable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for SQL Server is data warehousing and business intelligence.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution acts as the backbone of most IT services. It is essential for us to use it.

What is most valuable?

I have found the whole solution with all its features wonderful.

What needs improvement?

If this solution could provide an automatic indexing feature it would be very useful.

In the next release, there could be better integration with Power BI or other tools.

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

The solution is stable. There has been a few bugs but all solutions have them at one time or another.

There are scalability limitations and this is why we are evaluating cloud alternatives.

I rate the scalability of SQL Server a four out of five.

We provide support for our clients but if we need support we receive it quickly because we are prime customers.

We are currently evaluating cloud options.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement this solution to thoroughly investigate if this is the right tool for their use case.

I rate SQL Server an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
More SQL Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about SQL Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.