Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Review

Good threat protection, but cloud capabilities need improvement and technical support is poor

What is our primary use case?

In general, we use the solution as our endpoint protection. It's an additional layer, and it's our endpoint security for our antivirus product for the company.

What is most valuable?

All of the solution's features are quite valuable for us. We especially like the threat protection it provides.

What needs improvement?

The cloud platform needs to have improvement in terms of the user interface and the different capabilities it has available. It needs to match the other leading next-gen EDR products that are available in the market. That's the reason why we are stepping away from Symantec. Their cloud environment is just generally lacking in comparison to others.

If they could intercept the detection on the different kill chain analysis that would be great.

We've been using the solution since the inception of the company. I personally have been working with it for three years.

Whenever there's a new update we have some issues. The on-premise product would crash and would not function so we would have to reach out to Symantec.

The scalability of the solution is good. I'd rate it eight out of ten. About 96% of the company uses the solution.

The support team that Symantec offers didn't know how to solve issues even though they referred to themselves as "engineers". They are not really that experienced and well versed in the product. We've been complaining to Symantec on their support because most of them are actually not able to help us whenever we have problems.

When I joined the company, Symantec was already in place.

The initial set-up was complex.

Our team handled the implementation internally. We did it without the support of Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

We originally deployed the on-premises model, but over the past year, we've started to use the cloud deployment as well.

It would be really great if we had some involvement from Symantec's side. Some of the other endpoint protection products in the market or other companies who are selling the same product, are, in my experience, really helpful. That's one thing that's lacking on the Symantec side. For those considering implementing the product, try to get Symantec as involved as possible. It would be better.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten, based on the cloud capabilities and the privacy offered.

More Symantec Advanced Threat Protection reviews from users