• It meets our operational and analytical data integration needs by providing us with a high performing set of tools to access, transform and integrate data in real time.
• Provides us a central repository for sharing our enterprise metadata among business users, developers and IT staff, so we can access and share a single version of information.
• It helped us in handling huge data volumes, remote execution of jobs, interacting with cloud data sources and deployment on cloud infrastructure.
• We can centrally supervise our software integration processes by using Talend's advanced monitoring capabilities.
Room for Improvement:
• Lots of errors and system crashes during installation and IMHO we didn’t receive good enough technical support and guidance from Talend to solve the issues.
• It doesn’t support multitasking.
One of the reasons we chose the Talend integration suite was because it is an open source data integration tool. It provides us a central repository for sharing our enterprise metadata and meets our operational and analytical data integration needs. We like the fact that it offers data quality functionality, ESB and MDM solutions in a single package. We can easily manage huge data volumes and centrally supervise our software integration processes.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Mar 28 2013