Talend Data Management Platform Overview

Talend Data Management Platform is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to Talend Data Fabric: Talend Data Management Platform vs Talend Data Fabric

What is Talend Data Management Platform?
Talend offers robust data integration in an open and scalable architecture to maximize its value to your business. Simple, graphical tools and wizards get you up and running quickly with native code generation that streamlines development.

Talend Data Management Platform is also known as Talend Integration Suite.

Talend Data Management Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the Talend Data Management Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Talend Data Management Platform Customers
Accent Group, Acticall, Allianz Global Investors Distributors LLC, Car & Boat Media, Cdiscount.com
Talend Data Management Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Talend Data Management Platform pricing:
  • "The pricing is a little higher than what I had expected, but it's comparable with I-PASS competitors."
  • "License renewal is on a yearly basis."

RG
Systems Integration Specialist at a university with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, stable, and handles different context variables well

What is our primary use case?

Currently, I am using this solution to develop an integration between two particular systems. It's selecting a TSV file from slate and transferring to banner after you work the data.

• "I like the way that you can use the context variables, and how you can work those context variables to give you values and settings for every development environment, such as PROD, TEST, and DEV."
  • "I would like to sync a project and do an upload from that current version, and then from GitLab, be able to download the latest one."

What other advice do I have?

For anyone looking to use this solution, I would suggest using the open-source version first. I have been told that there are missing features, but I haven't found what those components are. I can understand how an organization that is already living with the Talend cloud can identify that easier because they were already facing a challenge without finding that component. The reason why that organization told me that was because they have three developers working on a cloud version and one developer working on the on-premises version. That is how they picked up on it. According to what I had…
PC
Business Analytics at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Feature rich, easy to use, and easy to understand

What is our primary use case?

This solution is being used on the client-side. It's a data warehouse solution, basically integrating data between Oracle data sources going into a Teradata Database data warehouse.

• "They're very competitive in terms of performance, which is a good selling point. It has very rich features. It provides a very rich feature set in the application."
  • "Including either XML or JSON in the next release would definitely be a good transformation. I'm not sure if Talend has that feature, but it's one of those requirements that we are working around and have to do some parsing of XML so this could make it easier."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential customers to try Talend's community edition. It would be a good strategy for them to get their hands and feet wet using the community so they'll understand the ins and outs of those sites. It works well for the product because you get traction in terms of adoption and community. The community is rich enough for people to build actual production solutions, and it's open to expansion in an enterprise community. So that would be a good strategy, especially if a company is still exploring tools. It's a low-cost approach to get started. On a scale of one to ten, I would…
Learn what your peers think about Talend Data Management Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Analyst II at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Improved efficiency, saving time and money for our data integration tasks and services

What is our primary use case?

Initially, it was data integration for academic data to an EDW on Sybase IQ for reporting purposes. Now it has evolved into data integration for both application and user consumption, loading data into Sybase and MS-SQL data stores. We use Studio on Windows with Servers on Ubuntu.

• "Talend Studio has the ability to connect to almost anything to integrate data from files, databases, web services, etc."
  • "The documentation from version to version could be more accurate."

What other advice do I have?

Having developers that are familiar with Java and Tomcat will be very helpful but not required when using Talend.
Business Process and Strategy Specialist Advisor at NTTData
You can create a separate file for your business users to review

What is our primary use case?

Talend is an ETL solution. It is great for moving data from source to target and has great error-handling and capturing techniques. Talend is easily becoming more recognized within the ETL space. I am seeing more and more companies branching out from the Oracles of the world since cloud was introduced. Cloud has seemed to even the playing field a bit. If you are looking for something that is stable, cost-effective and has a great ROI, then Talend is a great choice. I have compared ODI to other tools in reviews in the past, but I haven't compared it with Talend.

What other advice do I have?

Just be careful to think through everything that you want to do. There are reusable parts to Talend. Use the variables properly. This is advice for any ETL solution.
Business Intelligence and Data warehouse Section Head & Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use and powerful solution for managing historical data

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is data integration and managing historical data.

• "I think Talend is one of the easiest tools for faster implementation compared to other tools."
  • "The stability is good, but the performance is slower when I work on a huge amount of data."

What other advice do I have?

I think Talend is one of the easiest tools for faster implementation compared to other tools. For example, if we're implementing the data integration solution with some other tool, it will take 10 days. But with Talend, it will take less than 50% of the time. So the tool is very easy, the interface is user-friendly for the developer and suitable for the development of the solution. That is one of the key benefits of Talend. I recommended Talend for two of my four customers during the last four years. I replaced the Oracle Data Integrator and IBM with Talend. My rating for this solution is…
SS
Consultant en intelligence dÃcisionnelle at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple to use interface and good community support using the portal

What is our primary use case?

I was using the Talend Data Management Platform to ship data from the source to the website, and I was using the Talend administration console to monitor the different data flex and developing new data flex. The new data flex was deployed to our servers. We are also using the same Talend administration for tasks, monitoring the tasks, and for developing the tasks. We have four to five servers running on Talend.

• "The features that I like the most are the simplicity of the interface, and the ability to quickly develop with a predefined component."
  • "They lack in memory capacity."

What other advice do I have?

I have never spoken with Talend technical support directly over the phone or by mail, I was able to find my answers on the web. Overall, I am satisfied with Talend and I recommend it. I would rate Talend an eight out of ten.
JT
Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good integration with lots of connections, a helpful community, and friendly support

What is our primary use case?

We use Talend to help our clients distribute their products. It's a real ETL solution. You download data, transform it, and then you upload it.

• "The most valuable feature is integration."
  • "Performance and speed could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Talend is a good product and I recommend it. It is an open system, you have several connectors, it's evolved, and you are unlimited because of the great community. There are always people who may have had some of the same encounters and have found solutions to the same problems. I am still learning this product myself, I have not yet used all of the features this product has to offer. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
PG
Data Integration Tech Lead at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good scheduling and a nice visual interface but some components are not easy to exploit

• "The basic tools are easy to pick up and understand."
  • "Once you get past the basic tools, it gets pretty complicated."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user and a client. I'm a Data Integration Tech. I'd rate the solution six out of ten. It's my understanding that the solution is lining up a lot of new features to add and deploy in the near future. That will be great. I hope they continue to focus on new releases. There are only a few things that are straightforward, however. Many things take a lot of time to understand and get used to. If they can improve the basic stuff, I think it would be much less complicated overall. There are also more connectors that could be added as a feature. Other than that, it's a good product.
Product Categories
Data Integration Tools
Download our free Talend Data Management Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.