TestProject Review

Feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides

What is our primary use case?

I'm a QA specialist and customer of TestProject.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features the solution offers is the chance to be able to perform automatic tests by recording, and to create them without having coding knowledge. You need to be able to configure the elements but it doesn't require a high level of coding experience. I'm very pleased with the tool and the testing I've done has been positive. The only thing left now is to test how it behaves with the Angular solution. This solution is quite easy to use, it's great. Once we start using it, I think it will prove to be very functional and intuitive. Documentation is very clear and useful for a regular user to configure and use it.

What needs improvement?

I have had some difficulty trying to configure it on several browsers. I was able to configure several tests, but I can run in one browser only. Whenever I run a test they always fail when they need to pass between browsers. Perhaps that's my issue but I haven't found a solution to the problem. I've also noticed that the solution blocks a little when I try to use the auto-propose function. Those are the limitations I've identified till now but I need to carry out additional testing. Although documentation is good it would be helpful to be able to access instructions to help with understanding some of the functionalities.

I had worked with this solution several years ago and then moved to another solution. I've returned to TestProject over the past few weeks to refresh my knowledge.

TestProject is an open-source tool, and it feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides.

I looked at Katalon Studio and was trying to run the solution over a software we've developed in the company. It's a web application that is developed in C# and Java and Angular. I was looking for an end-to-end tool that allows me to create automatic tests. I downloaded and tried to explore it but wasn't able to get the necessary performance.

What other advice do I have?

There are some things related to this solution that I'm not quite sure about yet so for now I will rate it an eight out of 10.

More TestProject reviews from users
...who compared it with Katalon Studio
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Katalon Studio, SmartBear and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.