Tintri VMstore Review

We were able to increase productivity by moving away from LUNs and simplifying management of our backend storage.

What is most valuable?

• Dedupe
  • VAAI
  • The deep dive analysis of performance for each VM

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to increase productivity of our small team by moving away from LUNs and simplifying management of our backend storage.

What needs improvement?

Integration of all the interfaces:

• For each Tintri
  • For the global centre management
  • Analytics

The interfaces are all great, but if all the functionality were built into one global centre, this would make the interface a single pane.

We have been using this solution for nearly two years

There were no issues with deployment.

There were no issues with stability.

Scaling requires the purchase of a new VMstore.

Customer service is excellent. Any time we needed questions answered or help, our service team was quick to respond and they were very knowledgeable.

Technical support is excellent. We performed an upgrade which caused an alert to be sent to our team. By the time we finished reading the alert, someone from Tintri was already calling us to explain the issue. In this specific case, it was an erroneous alert due to filling a temp folder during the upgrade process.

We were using a hyper-converged solution that wasn't scaling with our limited budget and space.

The setup was straightforward and quick to deploy. It took under an hour from racking to being available for use.

We deployed the solution in-house.

Scope your needs properly and buy the right model. Leverage your pre-sales team for help.

We evaluated Nimble and Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

• Test the sales pitch
  • Do a PoC
  • Push the box to the limits of your environment and see for yourself
1 visitor found this review helpful