Tintri VMstore Review

The VM-aware processing and speed are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Deployment of new servers is now very fast; just clone master images to deploy a new server in seconds. It will be automatically mapped into Hyper-V. Just start, and it's... done.

What is most valuable?

• VM-aware processing
  • Speed
  • Easy management
  • Fast deployment for virtual machines

What needs improvement?

• Active/active cluster between two Tintris on Hyper-V cluster.
  • Dedup should be better.

It runs very good. Software upgrades can made during office hours.

At the moment, it is half-filled with SSDs; it has have 25 TB in SSD capacity (12.6 TBof it is usable) and after dedupe/compression, 80 TB is usable.

I rate the level of customer service as five stars; very fast and helpful. They also found a firmware error on our switch! Perfect.

I rate the level of technical support as five stars.

Before, we used a NetApp FAS 2552. It was very slow and not so good to manage. It caused performance Issues. Then, we had a PoC with the Tintri 880 Series. It was much faster than the NetApp. After the PoC, we bought an all-flash 5060. It is very fast.

As an example a virtual machine needs 25-30 seconds to boot with NetApp; with the Tintri, it takes 1-2 seconds.

We have storage latency from 0.60 ms.

The setup was easy. We had the Tintri up and running in 60 mins with everything.

It took more time just to rack and cable the Netapp...

We implemented it in-house with support from Tintri.

Prices are not cheap, but it runs...

Before choosing, we also evaluated a NetApp all-flash system but Tintri does it better, the PoC was faster; better management.

What other advice do I have?

Try it, love it. :)