Tintri VMstore Review

Great for finding problems where VMs are hogging all the performance

What is our primary use case?

Our old storage platform was on ageing hardware and the performance in our environment was declining. We purchased the Tintri VMstore to increase performance in our virtualised  environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Tinri VMstore has improved my organization by providing a huge performance increase, mostly to our Citrix XenApp environment. Our users have not complained about slow downs while using or opening apps since we got VMstore.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find most valuable is the VM level awareness that the VMstore gives you. This is great for finding problems where VMs are hogging all the performance.

The VMstore is also very stable. I have not had a single issue since the purchase my company made.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by adding iSCSI support, as others have mentioned. We have had to rethink how we implement some of our services due to this.

Less than one year.

Tintri VMstore is rock solid. We have not had a single issue with it. It is also very low maintenance allowing us to concentrate on project work.

We have not had any issues with this. Currently, we only have one VMstore.

Support from our vendor and Tintri are brilliant. They have always answered all of our questions promptly.

We previously used a NetApp SAN which was ageing and not performing, so we needed a new device. Tintri was recommended by our third-party.

The setup is very straightforward. We were setup in no time and ready to start migrating VMs onto the device.

We implemented this solution through our vendor. They recommended this solution and had a high level of expertise.

Tintri is reasonably priced for the solution you get. Advanced features do require extra to use.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Tintri is the best solution that I have used. The performance is second to none!

1 visitor found this review helpful