Tintri VMstore Review

Web GUI for maintenance and resource monitoring purposes is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

VMware virtualisation for Client with VMware VDI & vCenter for server synchronised over two data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

• Easy installation, stable, and reliable operating with an almost zero-touch approach.
  • Allows for more time to worry about real problems.

What is most valuable?

• The web GUI for maintenance and resource monitoring purposes is easy to use.
  • If you have to reconfigure or check something, you will not be lost with too many unnecessary options.
  • Excellent 24/7 support with good reaction times. A lot of first time contacts were to a technical person, not log and route.

What needs improvement?

In sync and automated mirror between two Tintris is missing. However, as far as I know, it is on their roadmap.

Three to five years.

Not a lot to do more on a Tintri. It is always monitored by the vendor, if you like, and their reaction time and quality are awesome.

Moving on to a synched and automated mirror between two data centers was not possible. We have been hearing for a month that this feature will become available. However, in the end, it was too late for us.

A very good support team that is available 24/7. They have real technical staff with strong knowledge.

HP EVA, which is not admin friendly.

Five to 10 min to production.

The vendor team's level of expertise is very good.

Make sure that you have all licenses in one go. Options afterwards can cost extra.

An "all-in-one" license model would be better at this price range.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Good, friendly sales, marketing, tech, and support teams, who are a pleasure to work with.