Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention Review

Malware scanning and intrusion detection features enable us to find out who is on our servers and what they have done

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention as a primary solution. We need to monitor and administer user accounts, in certain instances voiding contact as a solution for the flex server. We also use Microsft BitLocker.

How has it helped my organization?

We value the network diagnostic information of Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention. We value the anti-malware information provided by the software.

What is most valuable?

We find the malware scanning and intrusion detection most valuable for our server management requirements. We can find out who is on our servers and what they have done.

What needs improvement?

I would like to provide improved network direction in order to regulate all of the user agents. We only use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to manage various threats and malicious user agents currently.

They have all the features. They have all the requirements. They don't have the best price, so that is a problem. The price is forecasted to increase on the next release.

It's quite stable and good overall.

Scalability is good. We use the software across departments in our company, for technology, financial, HR, administration, IT, etc.

For deployment and maintenance, we currently use five people. Those people will do the network administration so we don't need an outside consultant company for this. In the future, we may increase our usage.

The customer service at Trend Micro will try to solve any issue that is presented. It just depends on how critical the issue is. All in all, I would rate Trend Micro tech support a nine out of ten.

We used Microsoft BitLocker, so we didn't need to uninstall it or run separately. We can use the two together on the network.

The initial setup of Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention is complex. If you have any complaints or issues, then you are required to go to the company for support. It took us around three months to fine-tune everything. That is the maximum.

We did not use an integrator company to set up the software. We did it ourselves.

Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention is not expensive. The licensing fee is affordable.

We also evaluated Symantec solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone using Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to ascertain exactly what the departments in their organization are and how many there are in total before launch.

This will make the process easier for deployment. Overall, I would rate Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention a nine out of ten. It is good.