Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Overview

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools. It is most often compared to Symantec Data Loss Prevention: Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention vs Symantec Data Loss Prevention

What is Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention?

Now more than ever, your data is on the move—whether it’s on a laptop, flash drive, or moving across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. At any point along the way, your financial data, customer information, intellectual property, or trade secrets could be lost or stolen. Securing this data is further complicated by several growing risk factors:

Rapidly evolving compliance regulations and mandates, including GDPR
Continued growth of workforce mobility
Employees using their own mobile devices and consumer apps for work
Rising frequency of advanced persistent threats (APTs) and data breach incidents

To avoid the embarrassment, reputation damage, regulatory fines, and revenue loss, today’s enterprise must be able to identify, track, and secure all confidential data from multiple points within the organisation and in the cloud without impacting employee productivity and performance. In the past, many organisations tried traditional data loss prevention (DLP) solutions but found they were too intrusive, too complex to manage, and too costly to acquire, deploy, and maintain.

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is also known as Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention .

Download the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Customers

Excite Japan, MEDHOST, United Way of Greater Atlanta, University of Florida at Shands

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention pricing:
  • "It's relatively cheap so the pricing is okay."

JH
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Unstable solution with poor technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to audit the user's data transfer. We monitor the data that is transferred through USB or DVD.

• "There are no issues with the interface."
  • "Most of the functions don't work in the way that they are supposed to."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I don't find anything useful about this product. It's a terrible product and I would not recommend it. I would rate this solution a one out of ten.
MaciejNowakowski
IT Support Manager at Loanme sp. z o.o.
We have experienced issues with encrypting disks and it has crashed when we try to log into our admin accounts

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it as a main management solution. Our support company handles it and they bought it to integrate and install. They are partners with Trend Micro.

• "The interface and dashboard are okay."
  • "It's hard for me to answer any questions about missing features. It's the outside companies who support us that manage this DLP solution at this moment."

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at three out of ten. We see many options and update our configurations to get more prevention options. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the solution. I need to learn about it and to acquire some skills before I can really talk about its pros and cons. Currently, it's okay, but largely our support company helps us with the IT environment. I don't know if I would recommend it to other companies.
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Broadcom, Forcepoint and others in Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.
TA
Information Security Annalists at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Good policy specifications help to protect against theft of data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our data and to ensure that it is not leaked by USB or other methods. We encrypt the data and make sure that it is not copied to other media. We use an on-premises deployment model.

• "The most values feature of this solution are the micro DLP features."
  • "Being able to specify an agent list, or client list, to allow support from outside of the organization, would be of benefit to this solution."

What other advice do I have?

Trend Micro DLP is the best in the market. They provide a very good service and we are happy with this solution. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.