Trend Micro Deep Security Review

Good application integration and supports virtual patching

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro makes up part of our overall security solution.

How has it helped my organization?

This product offers good protection against many types of malware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the virtual patching. It means that you don't have to patch applications manually, such as the monthly updates that are released from Microsoft.

Application integration is good. For example, there is a specific module for SAP.

What needs improvement?

They need to build in a central console because central integration is not very good right now. I have four locations and I need to log in to each location's portal to look at it. That is a very big job and I would like to have a consolidated report for all of them.

We would like to see the advanced threat protection (ATP) built-in, without having to use another product.

I have been working with Trend Micro Deep Security for three years.

I have never had an issue with stability. Some of my colleagues have had problems but technical support dealt with them quickly.

My colleagues were able to receive support for issues quickly. I would rate the support a nine out of ten.

I also have experience with McAfee and one of the nice features it has is a central portal, where different locations are integrated and I can do everything from one place.

The initial setup is not at all complex. Anybody can do the implementation. The length of time required for deployment depends on how many systems are being integrated.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I definitely recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Trend Micro Deep Security reviews from users