Trend Micro Deep Security Overview

Trend Micro Deep Security is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Security tools. It is most often compared to Trend Micro Apex One: Trend Micro Deep Security vs Trend Micro Apex One

What is Trend Micro Deep Security?

The Trend Micro Cloud and Data Center Security solution protects applications and data and prevents business disruptions, while helping meet regulatory compliance. Whether you are focused on securing physical virtual, cloud, or hybrid environments, Trend Micro provides the advanced server security you need  with the Trend Micro™ Deep Security™ platform.

Trend Micro Deep Security is also known as Deep Security.

Download the Virtualization Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Trend Micro Deep Security Customers

Rush University Medical Center, Guess? Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, MEDHOST, KSC Commercial Internet Co., Ricoh Company Ltd., Square Enix, SoftBank Telecom, Telecom Italia, United Way of Greater Atlanta, A&W Food Services of Canada

Trend Micro Deep Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Security pricing:
  • "Some of our customers complain about the cost of this solution."
  • "It's more expensive than other solutions, such as Sophos and Kaspersky, as an endpoint solution."

Sachin B
IT Executive at IFB
MSP
Each and every IP connecting to the server gets scanned so we can block whichever IPs do not belong to us at the firewall

What is our primary use case?

We are using two products. One is Trend Mirco Deep Security, and the other is Apex One. We use Apex One for endpoint protection and Deep Security for server protection. It scans for intrusion prevention and the forensics of any threats.

• "In terms of valuable features, I would say its intrusion prevention. Each and every IP connecting to the server gets scanned so we know everyone who is accessing our server and we can block whichever IP's do not belong to us at the firewall."
  • "As for what could be improved, I think it should come with an XDR facility without any extra cost. They're always releasing new features, but we need to pay extra for them."

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the product. As I mentioned, sometimes we feel some other features should be included. For example, the complete system control and web reputation. Regarding web reputation, I am a little limited because although we are blocking some sites, they are able to access those sites from out of our network. In other words, the restriction should be permanent whether it is done on-premises or on the internet. That is a drawback. I can recommend it because it is good product. I have experience with other products as well and they have failed in the security field. That why I'm…
VM
Senior Security Specialist at a tech services company
Reseller
Handles the important task of virtual patching, although the agent-based version has performance issues

What is our primary use case?

We recommend the use of this solution to our clients, both with virtual and traditional servers.

• "The most valuable feature is the virtual patching."
  • "When implementing this solution, sometimes we have challenges with SQL migration."

What other advice do I have?

It is important to implement this kind of solution because many people do not have security on their servers. This includes the vulnerability patching that should be done. This solution has improved over time. They have been introducing third-party plug-ins and integration, and there is a cloud version available as well. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Sophos, Juniper and others in Virtualization Security. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MT
Security Engineer/Architect at Telecom Italia
Versatile, works with any operating system, and integrates well with the cloud.

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers for our customers. We are using Trend Micro Deep Security as an anti-malware and as an complete endpoint protection solution for server. The primary use case is data center security.

• "It integrates well with the cloud; for example, AWS, and Google Cloud Provider."
  • "The problem with this solution is that if you go on large sites you have to have an external database, which would increase the cost."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Trend Micro Deep Security. If you need a versatile solution that covers many different needs or requirements, Trend Micro Deep Security is very good. It's a broad-spectrum product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
RK
Founder at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Protects vulnerabilities; automated virtual patching is a very good feature

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint protection and email as well as web protection. We are stacking our servers once a month and vulnerabilities are checked every day. I'm a senior director in the company and we're a customer of Trend.

• "Automated virtual patching is a good feature."
  • "Requires simplification, a fair amount of trouble shooting required."

What other advice do I have?

I am completely satisfied with this tool but we still plan to implement with the Symantec Endpoint Protection for the upgrade segment. We want to use a different tool for endpoint security because if there are any bugs in Trend Micro or any other tool we use then we're in trouble so we've decided not to have multiple tools from the same vendor. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to deploy with the traceback feature that lets you trace back an attack

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company, and it was basically used for security levels. My company was into the implementation of projects, and we used to implement security solutions. Along with Trend Micro, we used to implement these devices. We had several customers of this solution.

• "The traceback feature in XDR is amazing. You can trace back an attack. You can playback where an attack actually occurred and see how the attacker moved. We can easily show this to management, and it makes it easy to make them understand and convince them, which is the best thing."
  • "There should be more tools to trace back. Some sort of module needs to be included to attach all the things. It should be more stable, and the traceback feature should be improved. There were cases when we got virtual analyzer or CMC errors. We got false-positive malware notifications, but we couldn't trace them. I raised a case with Trend Micro two or three times, but they couldn't resolve it. Their support should be improved in terms of technical abilities to troubleshoot complex issues. They should be more knowledgeable."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it has scope for improvement. I would rate Trend Micro Deep Security an eight out of ten.
VijayKumar4
AVP - Global Talent Acquisition at CtrlS Datacenters
MSP
Good application integration and supports virtual patching

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro makes up part of our overall security solution.

• "This product offers good protection against many types of malware."
  • "They need to build in a central console because central integration is not very good right now."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I definitely recommend. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
JK
Technical Manager at Digital World
Easy to use, with good support, but it should be integrated with the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for protection from ransomware. We use artificial intelligence in the Trend Micro engine for deep security inspection. It allows us to analyze the data and threats.

• "It's easy to use and the interface is simple."
  • "Another issue is if I want to suggest this solution to a customer, we won't get the pricing immediately, which is a major problem."
MB
Solution Expert -Security at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
A solution that's easily scalable, reduces false positives and is easy to set up

• "The vulnerability scanning reduces false positives by quite a bit."
  • "The client can show as offline sometimes, and that becomes a bit difficult for troubleshooting. We end up basically redeploying the client. This is something that could be improved in the future."

What other advice do I have?

We largely work with enterprise-level organizations. I advise others to make sure that any recommendations in terms of system requirements that have been given to them are followed properly. I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.
See 4 more Trend Micro Deep Security Reviews