Trend Micro Deep Security Overview

Trend Micro Deep Security is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Security tools. It is most often compared to Trend Micro Apex One: Trend Micro Deep Security vs Trend Micro Apex One

What is Trend Micro Deep Security?

The Trend Micro Cloud and Data Center Security solution protects applications and data and prevents business disruptions, while helping meet regulatory compliance. Whether you are focused on securing physical virtual, cloud, or hybrid environments, Trend Micro provides the advanced server security you need  with the Trend Micro™ Deep Security™ platform.

Trend Micro Deep Security is also known as Deep Security.

Trend Micro Deep Security Buyer's Guide

Download the Trend Micro Deep Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Trend Micro Deep Security Customers

Rush University Medical Center, Guess? Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, MEDHOST, KSC Commercial Internet Co., Ricoh Company Ltd., Square Enix, SoftBank Telecom, Telecom Italia, United Way of Greater Atlanta, A&W Food Services of Canada

Trend Micro Deep Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Security pricing:
  • "Some of our customers complain about the cost of this solution."
  • "The cost is approximately six thousand Qatari Riyal ($1650 USD) per user."
  • "It's more expensive than other solutions, such as Sophos and Kaspersky, as an endpoint solution."

Trend Micro Deep Security Reviews

Sachin B
IT Executive at IFB
MSP
Jun 21, 2020
Each and every IP connecting to the server gets scanned so we can block whichever IPs do not belong to us at the firewall

What is our primary use case?

We are using two products. One is Trend Mirco Deep Security, and the other is Apex One. We use Apex One for endpoint protection and Deep Security for server protection. It scans for intrusion prevention and the forensics of any threats.

• "In terms of valuable features, I would say its intrusion prevention. Each and every IP connecting to the server gets scanned so we know everyone who is accessing our server and we can block whichever IP's do not belong to us at the firewall."
  • "As for what could be improved, I think it should come with an XDR facility without any extra cost. They're always releasing new features, but we need to pay extra for them."

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the product. As I mentioned, sometimes we feel some other features should be included. For example, the complete system control and web reputation. Regarding web reputation, I am a little limited because although we are blocking some sites, they are able to access those sites from out of our network. In other words, the restriction should be permanent whether it is done on-premises or on the internet. That is a drawback. I can recommend it because it is good product. I have experience with other products as well and they have failed in the security field. That why I'm…
VM
Vijay M
Senior Security Specialist at a tech services company
Reseller
Sep 26, 2019
Handles the important task of virtual patching, although the agent-based version has performance issues

What is our primary use case?

We recommend the use of this solution to our clients, both with virtual and traditional servers.

• "The most valuable feature is the virtual patching."
  • "When implementing this solution, sometimes we have challenges with SQL migration."

What other advice do I have?

It is important to implement this kind of solution because many people do not have security on their servers. This includes the vulnerability patching that should be done. This solution has improved over time. They have been introducing third-party plug-ins and integration, and there is a cloud version available as well. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Deep Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
473,792 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rayees Tamton
Data Center Manager/Support Delivery Manager at Salam Technology
May 23, 2019
A user-friendly product that protects us from both internal and external attacks

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to prevent DDoS and other types of attacks from internal or external sources.

• "The most valuable features are web security, email filtering, and content filtering."
  • "The support for email protection can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend this solution to others. This is based on our security implementation. We are strongly protected through Trend Micro. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
MT
Maurizio Testa
Security Engineer/Architect at Telecom Italia
Oct 28, 2020
Versatile, works with any operating system, and integrates well with the cloud.

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers for our customers. We are using Trend Micro Deep Security as an anti-malware and as an complete endpoint protection solution for server. The primary use case is data center security.

• "It integrates well with the cloud; for example, AWS, and Google Cloud Provider."
  • "The problem with this solution is that if you go on large sites you have to have an external database, which would increase the cost."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Trend Micro Deep Security. If you need a versatile solution that covers many different needs or requirements, Trend Micro Deep Security is very good. It's a broad-spectrum product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
RK
reviewer1347108
Founder at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Aug 6, 2020
Protects vulnerabilities; automated virtual patching is a very good feature

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint protection and email as well as web protection. We are stacking our servers once a month and vulnerabilities are checked every day. I'm a senior director in the company and we're a customer of Trend.

• "Automated virtual patching is a good feature."
  • "Requires simplification, a fair amount of trouble shooting required."

What other advice do I have?

I am completely satisfied with this tool but we still plan to implement with the Symantec Endpoint Protection for the upgrade segment. We want to use a different tool for endpoint security because if there are any bugs in Trend Micro or any other tool we use then we're in trouble so we've decided not to have multiple tools from the same vendor. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
VijayKumar4
AVP - Global Talent Acquisition at CtrlS Datacenters
MSP
Aug 5, 2020
Good application integration and supports virtual patching

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro makes up part of our overall security solution.

• "This product offers good protection against many types of malware."
  • "They need to build in a central console because central integration is not very good right now."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I definitely recommend. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
JK
Jeevan Kumar
Technical Manager at Digital World
Apr 11, 2021
Easy to use, with good support, but it should be integrated with the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for protection from ransomware. We use artificial intelligence in the Trend Micro engine for deep security inspection. It allows us to analyze the data and threats.

• "It's easy to use and the interface is simple."
  • "Another issue is if I want to suggest this solution to a customer, we won't get the pricing immediately, which is a major problem."
MB
reviewer651714
Solution Expert -Security at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Sep 24, 2019
A solution that's easily scalable, reduces false positives and is easy to set up

• "The vulnerability scanning reduces false positives by quite a bit."
  • "The client can show as offline sometimes, and that becomes a bit difficult for troubleshooting. We end up basically redeploying the client. This is something that could be improved in the future."

What other advice do I have?

We largely work with enterprise-level organizations. I advise others to make sure that any recommendations in terms of system requirements that have been given to them are followed properly. I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.
See 3 more Trend Micro Deep Security Reviews