Trend Micro Deep Security Review

Valuable Features

Deep Security is a really innovative security solution in the world of software-defined data centers and in the NSX space. It makes controls available to consultants and security architects in the new, software-defined datacenter and traversing up into the cloud. It's optimized to support security for virtual desktop infrastructures.

Room for Improvement

It's not a well-recognized solution and there's not much buzz around it in the marketplace. When I speak with an auditor about what Trend Micro is doing to cover my compliance footprint, it's not well-understood. That's where the challenge lies.

There were some initial challenges with it, those in my experience have all been worked out, and it's a very stable solution now. We're working on taking it out, we do a lot of consulting in an NSX space, with software-defined networking, and we're taking Trend Micro out to all of our customers.

It works in relatively small scenarios, and up to the biggest scenario that I can imagine.

Never had an issue with Trend Micro support. It's fantastic.

It's in a complex technological space, typically proposed into NSX or cross-hybrid cloud scenario. There are a lot of moving parts and it's a challenging space to implement technologies and controls, but I think Trend Micro does it well.

Other Advice

The important thing that I would encourage people to look at with Deep Security is how it plays with Endpoint, how it plays with your particular software-defined data center or hybrid cloud, and make sure that you understand where the capabilities are available to you. Because for most people it's surprising that Trend Micro can do all the things that it can.

1 visitor found this review helpful