Trend Micro Deep Security Review

A user-friendly product that protects us from both internal and external attacks

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to prevent DDoS and other types of attacks from internal or external sources.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution protects us against different types of attacks, including email phishing, and it includes spam filtering. There have been some spam cases that we found recently and Trend Micro had already detected them. It caught EXE files in email and we put policies in place to block Excel attacks.

There are daily updates and we can even protect the internal workstations from viruses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are web security, email filtering, and content filtering. The user interface is very friendly, and it is easy to control things from the policy.

What needs improvement?

The support for email protection can be improved.

Since 2017.

I have been using different Trend Micro products in 2009 or 2010. For me, this is the best on the market.

This product scales very easily. We have more than one hundred and thirty licenses and more than five thousand users.

The people who use this solution are experts in networking and cybersecurity. All of them are CCIE certified.

We will be increasing our usage by adding another site. Right now we are using an MDRC (Mobile Disaster Recovery Center), but within two or three months, we will have a PDC (Primary Data Center).

When we call technical support they respond immediately. They are local and we have met them three or four times in the last couple of months. After they visited our office, we had a discussion with them.

We get very good support from them, and we appreciate it.

We have been using Trend Micro products and we were happy with them so we went with this solution.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward.

For the deployment, we are using three cybersecurity engineers and three network security engineers.

We implemented this solution using a local provider in Qatar. The support was amazing. Every day, we received updates from our representative.

I cannot predict the ROI at the moment because we are still planning to implement other areas, such as the PDC.

It is approximately three million Qatari Riyal ($820,000 USD) for our licensing fees. The cost is approximately six thousand Qatari Riyal ($1,650 USD) per user.

We did evaluate other options, including Kaspersky. I know that it does not have the capability that we need. We did use it for endpoints, but we were not happy with it at the time.

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend this solution to others. This is based on our security implementation. We are strongly protected through Trend Micro.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.