Tricentis Flood Review

Easy to maintain and the Java support is good, but the performance needs to be improved

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for Java, where we can quickly code what we need.

it is quite easy to maintain.

The integration with other tools is good.

What needs improvement?

The performance of the tool needs to improve. Part of the problem is that this is a cloud-based deployment in a firewall setting, and our application will also be online. This means that there is an inside firewall and an outside firewall, so it is a different IP between connecting and executing it. Sometimes we feel that it is this aspect of the environment that is delaying the responses, rather than the actual application.

The reporting needs to be improved. They should include some additional reporting components because compared to other tools, like Sovereign, it does less.

Integration with monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds, needs to be improved. We can get performance testing information into our monitoring tools, but we can't map information about monitoring to the performance testing.

We have had no trouble with crashes, although we have to keep monitoring the loads because every time we are planning to increase one, you have to notify them and then they will increase it. If we exceed the limit then it can get stuck.

Across multiple users, this is a scalable solution. However, across multiple platforms, we have to go in a different direction for that.

I think that technical support from the vendor is good. I would rate their service a four out of five.

I also have experience with Sovereign and JMeter. The reporting capabilities in these tools are better.

The initial setup is complex.

What other advice do I have?

All of the features in this product are good.

My advice for anybody who is considering Tricentis Flood is that it is good for end-customer facing applications. However, it is purely result-oriented, as opposed to reporting-oriented.  It is good from a user's standpoint, but not fro ma senior management perspective.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Tricentis Flood reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Load Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.