UiPath Process Mining Review

Data collection and cleaning needs improvement; process mapping tool is a good feature

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is helping companies understand their business forecast so that we can identify opportunities for automation. Before getting to the automation, we always make an analysis of where the process friction is and we try to address any issues. We are customers of UiPath and I'm the CCO.

What is most valuable?

I think Process Mining's most important feature is the process mapping tool. There's always a high-level map and a low-level map. High-level refers to the high-level process steps and then low-level for low level. It's a matter of connecting the two together.

What needs improvement?

The main issue for us is how data is being collected. I think a lot of Process Mining's tool has a very limited way of collecting process data. Industry-wide there's a gap and data collection needs improvement, it's a constant challenge. Any demo will show an ideal case but when you use it in the actual environment, collecting data is a real problem. Cleaning the data is also a problem, and then being able to analyze it and make any meaningful sense out of the whole thing is the issue.

I've been using this solution for a year.

We haven't reached the point where we can scale up. Most of the cases are still very small scale. I can't quite imagine doing a very major implementation at this point.

I haven't contacted technical support, it's still very much based on whatever's available in the community.

The initial setup is quite complex. Ideally, you want to get hold of a trial version. One of the reasons I couldn't use TouchUI power, is because it wasn't available for a trial version. So I can't try it out, even in a small simulator environment.

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

More UiPath Process Mining reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about UiPath Process Mining. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.