UrbanCode Deploy Review

It doesn't support build automation however we are able to follow the whole release cycle for more than 700 diverse apps

What is most valuable?

Plugin-based architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided a platform for traceability across the whole release cycle for more than 700 diverse applications.

What needs improvement?

• Licensing structure - pay per machine deployed to.
  • Additional integrations with ALM solutions.
  • Unclear why it doesn't support build automation, which is covered by a separate product.

3 months.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

No - scalability is handled via client relays which offload the server's work to proxies.

Good.

Good so far. Not a lot of history there.

Yes, we used Build Forge. It's a build tool that was being re-purposed for deploy and it was beginning to fail often.

Very straightforward. Command line prompts to install all components, and hook into enterpriseDB. Trial version will use its own Derby DB.

TBD. Have handled most of this in-house so far, but we have a service contract available. No info on expertise.

No specific numbers right now, but we're saving the deploy team, the infrastructure team, the help desk team, and the development teams many hours. Results are variable based on how much automation was already done, and the quality of the legacy code.

Evaluated Automic, CA product offerings. Also kept tabs on the Serena offering.

What other advice do I have?

• Start with small wins to build momentum towards the larger applications.
  • Align with the compliance team from the beginning. We had compliance and internal audit in the room for the PoC to run through concerns up front.