UrbanCode Deploy Review

We like a few things, such as the calendar, the permissions model, and the process editing. Sometimes the deployment process reports are faulty.

What is most valuable?

We like a few things, such as the calendar, the permissions model, and the process editing. The component template and deployment interface are very good.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has already improved by quite a bit by taking out so much manual intervention from multiple people doing the deployments. We've simplified our process and the deployments are now much faster.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the deployment process reports are faulty. I've run into situations where the job says it was successful but it really erred-out. It would be nice if the reports are correct all the time.

The configurations tab takes forever to load. It doesn't work very well so that needs to be improved. Also, you can't filter by resource tag, which would be useful.

We've used it for six months.

The deployment reports are faulty.

So far, the product has been very stable.

We're in the process of moving pretty much most of our codes to run through it one way or another. I anticipate it will scale well.

So far, we haven't had an issues with support so it seems okay.

Our existing solution was mostly manual deployments so that, of course, is very error-prone. We looked at several different solutions to try to see what we could implement quickly and what would have the most impact, the most return on investment in a relatively quick amount of time. This was the tool we decided to try out and so far it's working pretty good.

It's very time consuming, the setup of the solution. We ended up scripting a lot of it, so that it was quicker. There's a lot of pieces that you have to set up for one particular job to run on it. You can actually make steps and end up having to sit there and figure out what you missed, so we ended up scripting a lot of it so that we wouldn't miss pieces, which made it also quicker to set up new applications, to be able to get all the way through deployment.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty straightforward tool for straightforward deployments. If they have many complicated deployments, they're going to really want to look at the plugins and what's out of the box to make sure that it's going to be able to do what they need to do, and that they need to make sure that they have the resources and time to spend setting it up.