UrbanCode Deploy Review

It's user-friendly enough for our development team to access and use on a daily basis.

Valuable Features

There are several most valuable features for us.

1. Automation of deployment processes for all our projects;
  2. It's user-friendly enough for our development team to access and use on a daily basis; and
  3. The lead approval process is one of the unique features in it that can't be found in any other automation tool.

Improvements to My Organization

It's improved our organization's functions in a few ways.

1. It has automated the manual deployment process for all Java, .NET, and C++ applications;
  2. It makes is easy to track production releases with date and time; and
  3. It's gotten rid of the manual errors for deployment that occurred from manual testing.

Room for Improvement

I think that the IBM support team needs to be more proactive in their responses to PMR tickets raised by customers. Also, the plugins for ServiceNow Integration need to be updated.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

We've haven't encountered any issues with deployment.

We haven't experienced any issues of instability.

We've been able to scale sufficiently.

I'd rate customer service at a 5 out of 10.

I'd rate technical support at a 6 out of 10.

We previously used IBM Rational Build Forge and then migrated to UrbanCode Deploy, which has more flexibility and process-oriented features.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward with the installation of agents and clients. The configuration process and specific jobs are dependent on the complexity of your application or project.

Implementation Team

Our client's in-house team helped with the implementation, and they had an expertise of about an 8 out of 10.

ROI

I can't say exactly what our ROI is, but as we're in the insurance sector, I know that this is a cost-efficient tool.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's available at a very reasonable price.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated OpenStack and Amazon Web Services.

Other Advice

It's best to do a POC on the applications you're currently running to check the feasibility of using UrbanCode Deploy.