vCenter Configuration Manager Review

A user-friendly end-to-end configuration management solution

What is our primary use case?

We use vCenter Configuration Manager at least four times a year. We start at the baseline, deploy the virtual machine's upgrade, and set the new parameters for the virtual machine.

We use vCenter Configuration Manager for the configuration of vCenter, the DC host, and all the HP. Every time the HP sends logs or patches, we deploy them through vCenter Configuration Manager. We also use the vRealize Log Insight. I'm connected at this moment through vCenter.

What is most valuable?

vCenter Configuration Manager is pretty simple.

What needs improvement?

They should make it easier to log in and communicate with them. At the moment, I'm using vRealize Log Insight because it's a pretty easy tool to keep up to date with everything. But it would be easier if I could do it through vCenter Configuration Manager. I think the logging side should be improved because it's pretty difficult to keep up to date VMware and with vCenter.

vCenter Configuration Manager is stable. One or two of our servers are very old machines, and the stability was pretty intuitive to get the information, so we made it inclusive. We made some adjustments with our machine to get more results to include more machines in the VMware environment.

vCenter Configuration Manager is scalable. I really like it.

Technical support is perfect. We activated it at least four times, and it was wonderful.

It's easy to set up and implement vCenter Configuration Manager. To configure the whole thing, including the hub, the whole deployment, including the integration of 100 servers, took us about six months. It takes less than a month just to configure vCenter.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend vCenter Configuration Manager to potential customers.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give vCenter Configuration Manager a ten.

More vCenter Configuration Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about vCenter Configuration Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.