vCenter Configuration Manager Review

The interface is very user-friendly and the solution is simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a client that has an environment with three data centers with 25 hosts per site on each of them. There's also a headquarters in Israel. The solution is used at each center.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very user-friendly and the solution is simple to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use an internal cloud service. It should offer a vCloud foundation, but on-premises. For example, a small cloud environment or something that can be built on-premises and not hosted by Microsoft or other big hosting sites. We'd like to use some sort of vCloud to take the risks away from headquarters. The resources would be on-site on the customer side.

The reporting could be improved.

I've been using VMware in general for 12-14 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable. Our last project was for a company with a workforce of around 10,000 people.

As integrators, we often are the technical support for our customers. Their technical support that the solution offers is also good.

We didn't previously use another solution. We prefer VMware.

The initial setup's difficulty depends on the client's environment. Deployment can be complex or simple, but it depends on the underlying architecture. It can take anywhere from two weeks to one year.

We're integrators, so we handle the implementation for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

We're an integration company.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integration Partner