VMware Workstation Review

I use it to run multiple instances of systems on my host machine to get better usability.

Valuable Features:

VM management - ability to very easily create and manage multiple VMs of various platforms. Portability and ease of saving and copying entire VMs from machine to machine.

Improvements to My Organization:

As a systems admin, I use it to run multiple instances of systems on my host machine to get better usability and for testing new builds for our users as well as for server updates.

Room for Improvement:

It's been a struggle at times to keep drive shares and video drivers working across updates. So a bit of stability in those areas would be nice.

Use of Solution:

2 years

Stability Issues:

I've been hit with a few bugs and documented issues.Specifically with video not behaving for VM windows on multiple monitors. And shared printing from the host machine is very temperamental.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It always seems a bit steep to me on renewals, but it pairs very well with our existing vSphere architecture so it offers a few more benefits and ease of use.

Other Solutions Considered:

I use Hyper-V for the same purposes but VMware Workstation performs well and scales down to our developers needs easily.