vRealize Network Insight Review

Makes it easier to identify issues and troubleshoot them

What is most valuable?

Going through our logs within the system, it's easier to identify issues. For example, the filtering in order to show correct errors. In addition, the troubleshooting timeframe shortens a lot with our product.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of gathering so many resources, such as, multiple system engineers, network engineers, and search engineers, now it's all in one shop. One person can actually troubleshoot the issue without bringing in so many people. The troubleshooting time has been greatly reduced.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is steep.

The past two months.

I have had no issues so far, since the deployment. It's been pretty stable.

It is very easy to work with; you can add nodes as you go. As your environment grows, you can add nodes to it, increase it, then scale out.

Technical support is great. They do excellent work. They stay on top of their tickets and support cases. We get updates on a daily basis, so I'm very satisfied with the support.

I was involved in the initial setup and it was straightforward.

We have a temporary in-house person. I recommend having a temporary in-house person.

Turbonomic.

We chose VMware for their product, their environment, and the confidence level of using the product itself.

What other advice do I have?

The way technology works, you've got to catch up. If you're basically staying in a legacy environment, and everything is moving rapidly, you've got to stay ahead of the game.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: customer support.

My recommendation: If you're looking to minimize your downtime, your troubleshooting, and the amount of resources being used in order to look at logs and troubleshoot an issue, this is the solution.