vRealize Network Insight Review

It helps pinpoint what we need for analyzing and for troubleshooting

What is our primary use case?

We use it for networking and it has performed well.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps pinpoint, in the logs and the like, what we need for analyzing and for troubleshooting. It has also provided us with deep visibility.

What is most valuable?

• Monitoring
  • Tracking

It's also intuitive and user-friendly. The screen looks exactly the same as the other appliances for VMware, so it's easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more reporting features, more dashboards.

It hasn't caused any problems so it's pretty stable.

We haven't scaled yet so we don't know about the scalability yet.

The network team has had to call technical support a couple times. The help they got was great.

We switched to this solution after it was suggested by my TAM.

In terms of selecting a vendor, we have a very stringent vetting process. Thank God, VMware was one of them that met the criteria. It was a no-brainer.

I was involved in the setup in terms of deploying the OVA files. It was straightforward.

We have seen ROI by using it. We used to use a few tools combined to get to what we're getting by using this solution now. We don't have to pay as much support, we don't have to buy three or four tools to do what we need done.

For me, it was a no-brainer because we would like to integrate everything with VMware. I hate to go to another supplier, use another tool, to do the same thing.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely endorse the solution.