vRealize Network Insight Review

Provides a unified view of the whole system and even helps with capacity planning

What is our primary use case?

The use case is to get insight into the network, how many resources are being used. We look at the GUI and see what kind of traffic flows are happening east-west, and who is talking to whom, and how much bandwidth is consumed. That can even give us some idea about capacity planning.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives the visibility that was either broken or there in pieces only. This solution provides a unified view of the whole system, back and forth. It has helped to reduce time to value, increase performance, more easily manage networks, and provide deep visibility.

What is most valuable?

• The netflow
  • The information flow
  • Who is talking to whom, top-talkers
  • User-friendly

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them expand the capabilities to infrastructure types other than just VMware.

So far it has been stable. We are not using it to a stress-test level yet, but it seems stable.

We are not using it at the full-blown scale, but for the limited scale, it works well. It's fast, it's not slowing down.

Technical support has been pretty good.

We used multiple other tools before. And even now, it's all in parallel. We have different tools running in different domains.

This provides a holistic view. The other computer tools provide certain pieces of it. This has a more holistic approach, the big picture.

What other advice do I have?

It's definitely worth investigating. You need to look at the environment, but it's worth the time to look into it and see if it fits with your purposes.