WalkMe Review

We can develop user assistance directly without redirecting users, but it requires clean code with unique UI element IDs so the walk-thru's can grab UI elements correctly.

What is most valuable?

WalkMe gives us the ability to develop user assistance directly in our software, without redirecting users to online content or videos. Users can learn while they complete actual tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

We can devote more time to developing conceptual elearning and best practices because WalkMe supports teaching users system navigation.

What needs improvement?

You need clean code with unique UI element IDs in your product so the walk-thru's can grab UI elements correctly. Ensuring that the walk-thru's work from beginning to end depends on users following each step and not clicking away from your developed path.

3 years

No, WalkMe is very easy to deploy after you embed the required test and production snippets in the code.

No, downtime has been minimal. I think we've encountered problems only once following a WalkMe release, and it was resolved within a couple of hours.

No, we use it in a number of products with numerous walk-thrus with no issues.

Excellent. Our reps are very responsive and work with us to configure walk-thrus in many different ways to present the information that we need for users.

Excellent via email and working with support, but as a technical writer, I wish the online help content was better. It covers the basics but doesn't explain complex scenarios with which advanced users need assistance.

No, this is the only solution of its kind that we've used, though it has replaced e-learning.

Straightforward. The tool gets more complex when you develop more complex user scenarios using it, but overall it's a very basic tool.

We implemented through a vendor team, and their level of expertise has been great.

WalkMe is not an inexpensive tool, so it should be implemented broadly to make the investment worthwhile.

Consider that WalkMe is an expensive tool and you should put it to use in multiple areas of your website or application to make the investment worthwhile. WalkMe is flexible with licensing terms.

No others evaluated. WalkMe has the full set of features that we need and has provided customization where we need it.

What other advice do I have?