WalkMe Review

It's amazing to see how quickly our users get up and running, but you really have to rely on your success manager to get the first phase launched.

What is most valuable?

The walk-thrus have been instrumental in our onboarding and support process. We have a very simple list of walk throughs the user can follow as they interact with our app for the first time. It's amazing to see how quickly our users get up and running compared to our old method of 1-on-1 training.

The launchers are also a great way to address common issues that pop up from time to time. It's nice not having to rely on our development team to add help buttons throughout the system.

We have also use the shoutouts to announce new updates, features, fixes, etc. and it has boosted our engagement tremendously. We found it beneficial to be communicating with our users in context, while they are actually in our app. Its much less of an interruption compared to an email.

How has it helped my organization?

We have reduced our onboarding time about 30% since implementing WalkMe. We’ve also been able to train more individuals within a new company, rather than limiting the onboarding process to a 1-on-1 approach. We are working with customers that are now able to use WalkMe to train their colleagues and boost our overall engagement.

What needs improvement?

The biggest area for improvement is the onboarding and training. It is very hands on and you really have to rely on your success manager to get the first phase launched. The nature of the product lends it self to a high touch onboarding experience though, because every app is different.

What makes Walk-Me so powerful is the ease and range of customization, which just takes a little time to get used to in the early stages.

1 Year

We deployed quite smoothly actually. We really took our time with the CSM and made sure that everything was running as it should. I recommend giving yourself a generous timeline for full deployment (depending on the size of your app) just to make sure that everything runs as expected.

There is a lot of testing that goes into making sure you've covered every angle of a walk-thru. That's not a process you want to rush through.

I've never had any issues with WalkMe going down. I've actually never had a bug that effected the functionality of the app either. Just a few user experience bugs here and there that were corrected quickly.

We are at full scale capacity in our use of WalkMe and there is nothing that leads me to believe that scalability would be an issue.

The customer service is amazing. The CSMs are knowledgable and always available to help find better ways to use the tool. I believe the CSMs really make the product. Without their time and effort the tool would be way to difficult to deploy. I use WalkMe as an example all the time when working with our customer support staff. The really do a tremendous job.

Tech support is awesome. Always quick to respond, even when it requires that a developer take a look at our setup.

We were just using 1-on-1 training and support. WalkMe has made our training efforts much more scalable. Our user's ability to train and learn on their own has resulted in a much faster onboarding process and higher retention month after month.

It really just depends on your app and the way it is built. WalkMe is very customizable, so there is a learning curve. But once you learn how it interacts with your app it is really easy to use.

I was personally in charge of implementation. I found it to be a relatively simple and easy process. Unfortunately, I don't have more to offer on subject.

We easily captured a 10x return on our investment every month. Walkme alone has delayed us from having to hire another full time CSM.

Although the contract can be a little nerve racking, it is totally worth it. I found that it helped give us the right mindset and commitment as we went through the onboarding process.

We really didn't find many alternatives. At the time we were considering a few learning management systems. Once we found WalkMe we were confident that it was the right fit.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, WalkMe exceeded our expectations. WalkMe had a significant impact on our ability to launch new versions, retrain more than 10,000 users, identify the areas that needed work in our system, and quickly provide a better product to our customers. I now feel very confident in my ability to use the tool and capture a major ROI for our company.