Windows 10 Review

Stable and scalable with good security features

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is the vast integration of PowerShell to help automate the community and every system maintenance task.

The solution has implemented security capabilities quite well. There is a new technology that allows you to put your security credentials in the EPM module has been great.

The initial setup is easy.

The latest versions of the solution have increased their level of stability. It's quite good now.

What needs improvement?

The patch deployment in corporate enterprises could be improved in a way to specify when the system will update and to prevent users from interacting with this system during the actual updates. If you have a system running in a production facility, the user is only able to access a dedicated application when you then update the system, the application has to be stopped. When this happens, the system is open for manipulation. Microsoft should invest more in a way to protect users from interacting with this system during the update process.

It's a very edge case. It's really important for us. I know some other production facilities. There are some third party solutions in place which tried to tackle this issue, but it would be better if Microsoft directly addressed it on their own.

The solution should offer a bit of an easier integration with authentication methods, like FIDO or FIDO2 authentication with the USB-C. They should try to simplify the process of authenticating the user. Nobody wants to remember thousands of passwords.

I've been using the solution for three years so far.

Windows 10 is really stable now. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

In the case of scalability, it would be easy to expand the solution. It is quite straightforward to execute on scalability. A company shouldn't have trouble with it when they need to expand.

Currently, we have about 8,000 users on the solution.

I've never personally contacted technical support. We often try to contact more third-party support services. I can't remember any direct contact with support, so I can't speak to the quality of services that they provide.

We have used a lot of Linux's systems, however not for clients. In the past, for end user computing, like running workstations, we already used Windows 10. It was Windows 7 before that.

The initial setup is a very straightforward process. It's not complex. It's easy to deploy and users are adapting to it quickly. The whole process is very fast.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

The Microsoft ecosystem works really well when I have an active directory and am using Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, etc. They interact really well together.

In regards to the solution being cost-effective, I would say the latest technologies from Microsoft have an administrative system that is much easier than running IBM. It's now so well interconnected that if you're trying to migrate to the cloud it's easy.

Microsoft really tries to fill all of a company's technical needs, which works really well.

I would rate the solution a solid nine out of ten.

It's really great. Microsoft has done a lot to improve their offerings over the last few years. You can still improve every product somehow. They could always add more features and continuously refine the product. However, at this point, it's working really well for us.

More Windows 10 reviews from users