Windows 10 Review

The interface is good, but the performance degrades with too many applications open at once

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the interface and the speed of switching between processes.

What needs improvement?

One of the problems with Windows 10 is that it hangs when you open multiple programs. For example, if you are running 10 to 15 applications then the performance will slow down to something similar to Windows 7. Often, I will have Microsoft Office open, as well as my development tools, and once I have been using them for perhaps 20 minutes, everything slows down. Switching between applications at that point can take two or three minutes.

I have been having some trouble with the .NET framework and it took me a full day to install it. The problem seems to be that every time it connects to Microsoft online, it is different. After several attempts, I was finally able to succeed.

I have been using Windows 10 for about six months.

Other than the problem with having many applications open, it is stable. I haven't had any issues with the other functionality.

Most of the people in our company use Windows 10. Some have desktops and some have laptops.

I have not had to contact technical support. Any problems that I have had, I was able to solve on my own.

Windows 10 came pre-installed on my laptop and it was easy to set up. It only took a few minutes to do.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Windows 10 is a good operating system.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.