Windows 10 Review

A good operating system with a valuable encryption tool

What is our primary use case?

I use Windows 10 just for application purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The operating system itself is good, and I use BitLocker for encryption. Another valuable feature is the snipping tool, where you could cut and paste.

What needs improvement?

I think the user interface can be a little bit better. Improve the menus because navigating the menu could be a little difficult if you don't have any experience.

They need to get rid of that hive registry. Over time, the hive can get defragged, and you have to start installing and uninstalling. It becomes very fragmented and very convoluted with multi-layers.

Their support could also be better. Sometimes support can get lost when outsourced or outsourced somewhere to a different culture.

I've been using Windows 10 for over four years.

Stability depends on how programs are written, in terms of memory management and more. But it has become somewhat stable.

Scalability is easier if you're using the VDI or the virtual desktop. If you have to deal with it on an individual basis, then that becomes a little complex and tedious.

Support could be better. But on a scale from one to ten, I'll give Windows 10 support a seven.

We had Linux before. For administration purposes and those types of roles, Windows is more user-friendly. Windows was more user-friendly at the time, but Linux has caught up.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

For those interested in using Windows 10, I would advise them to stay up to date with security patches. The one bad thing about Windows is that it tends to put the system slowly into acquiesce mode, where things stop operating if you don't apply security patches. When it comes to that, the first level of troubleshooting is installing the operating system patches, and then before you know it, everything's working fine again.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a nine.

20H2
More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.