Windows 10 Review

Straightforward to install, easy to integrate and scales well

What is our primary use case?

It's very useful. It acts like a terminal for all these things that you do in the office. You can access your shared files. You can do Office 365. You can use it as a client for so many applications. It is an operating system that is used for our company to interact with their cloud base from the on-premise system.

What is most valuable?

The installation is straightforward and the deployment is very fast.

The licensing is okay.

When it's new it's very fast.

The solution is very scalable.

The stability is very good.

The product is very user friendly, and it can integrate with so many other applications

What needs improvement?

After some time it becomes slower. The performance seems to be affected after a while.

While they might already have this, I find that Windows has many workspaces and people just end up using one and ignoring the others. A person ends up opening so many windows and then just looking at one screen. It makes them ignore the others. They need to rework it so that this is less likely to happen. It needs to be a bit more user-friendly.

I've used the solution for some time - likely since it was introduced. It's been a while.

The stability is good in that there are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash

However, the performance seems to get worse with time. It becomes slower and there is a need to refresh.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have about 90 users in our organization.

The usage is based on the number of users, and currently, we have no plan to increase our staff. However, f there's a new user, then we just buy a new license.

Microsoft technical support is very complicated. We've never actually gone through Microsoft to solve problems. We almost always use the internet. You go to a site, and you look at someone who had a similar problem. I don't actually contact Microsoft on many issues. Therefore, I can't speak to their knowledgeability or responsiveness.

The installation isn't overly difficult or complex. It's pretty straightforward if you understand the underlying concepts.

They have simplified it. It is very easy compared with when we are doing Windows.

The installation itself is very, very quick. It takes ten minutes or so.

Currently, I handle the deployment and maintenance myself.

I handled the installation myself. I did not require the assistance of any integrators or consultants. I've been doing it a while, and therefore I'm comfortable with the process.

The licensing is okay. We normally buy the Pro version, the Business version. We find all features are already incorporated.

I did not evaluate other options before choosing Windows 10.

We normally just use Windows. We only use other operating systems if we are running a system that requires us to use that operating system.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. We strive to have the latest updates.

I use the solution myself and within our organization.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.