Zephyr Enterprise Review

It has integration with test automation tools. Needs support for the agile and BDD approaches.

What is our primary use case?

Test repository is our primary usage. It was working fine, especially with the waterfall approach. With waterfall products, it worked but now we are transitioning to an agile model. This is where we are having challenges, and one of the reasons that we are looking for a different tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier test artifacts used to be maintained either in a shared drive or somewhere in Excel spreadsheet. Now, we are getting consolidated reports in one place. We have all our metrics and repository together, and this is helpful.

What is most valuable?

It has integration with test automation tools. Our test automation is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

We would like support for the agile and behavior-driven development (BDD) approaches.

More than five years.

The product is good and stable.

Scalability is okay. I have heard Zephyr Enterprise will be coming out with a cloud version which will be able to scale to a large size.

The technical support is good.

For the related features it supports, on a scale of one to 10, it is around a seven. The features have support, but it is minimal today. We are looking for advanced support with integration to CI tools. This is something which Zephyr does not have today.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

The vendors currently on our shortlist are Zephyr, Micro Focus, JIRA, and qTest.

What other advice do I have?

Look for a global solution which fits enterprise-wide and has a good dashboard. It should include metrics at all levels and have quality at every stage in the lifecycle. If a tool can fit these criteria, it will be a good option.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: These days, we are looking for the following:

1. We are looking for agile and behavior-driven development support.
  2. We want to integrate with our in-house and automation tools.
  3. Cost matters.