Zscaler Cloud Firewall Review

Great security with stable function; advanced tech protection is winning feature

What is our primary use case?

This solution is in the cloud firewall where you just divert your router into the IP address and it goes to the Zscaler Cloud. Our current customer is a major financial institution and the solution is being used as general insurance for the company. Everyone is using the second generation VPN of Zscaler. There are 11 people in our company using the solution and our current customer has around 15,000 users, all using the product on a daily basis. We are customers and resellers of ZScaler and I'm a director of our company.

What is most valuable?

I like the advanced tech protection Cloud Sandbox, it's a nice feature. Then there's the DLP, Data Leak Prevention, and the Cloud Application Control which are also good features.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the Data Leak Prevention is only for web filtering and there is nothing for email and the USB, so it would be an improvement if that could be included.

I've been using this solution for over three years.

This is a stable product.

Our current customer has 10,000 users so the scalability is good.

Our technical support is mainly in-house. If we need second-level support we'll turn to Zscaler. The support from them is fast and smooth.

The initial setup is very straightforward, you need to put an agent into your machine and it goes directly to the cloud. If you have 500 users, setup can take about a week. For 10,000, it takes about a month. Generally, though, the setup will happen in one or two days and then it's just rolled out onto the machines. There are usually some technical errors here and there which can slow things down a little but otherwise it's easy implementation and not very time consuming. Our company does the implementation and we have support from Zscaler.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
More Zscaler Cloud Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls
Find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Netgate, OPNsense and others in Firewalls. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.