Zscaler Cloud Firewall Review

Scalable, very easy to use, and offers a full suite of security features

What is our primary use case?

The product is an easy solution to replace on-prem firewalls and VPNs and provide security for any device from anywhere - whether a user is at home or on a corporate network.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has been very useful as it enables us to work from any place as if we were connected to the corporate network. We don't have to be in the office to take advantage of its features.

What is most valuable?

The solution's overall simplicity is excellent. It's a great selling feature.

Users are offered protection from anywhere on any device, with a full set of security features including firewall, IPS, web security, CASB, and DLP. The solution is quite broad in its offering and covers a lot of ground security-wise.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Overall, the solution offers excellent stability.

Technical support has been very good.

We've found the scalability to be excellent.

What needs improvement?

The product could improve its integration with some legacy systems.

The solution could offer more simplicity on deployment so that it's not quite so complex sometimes.

The solution could benefit from more CASBs - cloud access security brokers.

I've been using the solution for ten or more years at this point. It's been a decade or more. I've used it for a while.

The solution is very, very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been very good overall. I find it reliable in terms of performance.

We have got 40,000 users on this platform. They are from various companies. Some are small, others are quite sizable. It's a solution that can work with a wide range of companies. The product, in general, has scaled well for companies. If an organization needs to expand it, it can do so.

Technical support is very good. We're quite satisfied with the level of service. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

We did use a different solution previously.

We switched as we had an appliance with end-of-life issues. We needed something that could work without the limitation of physical devices.

The initial setup is fairly easy. It's not overly complex, although the deployment itself can be.

The process requires some planning in advance to integrate with multiple systems, such as firewalls. If the advanced work is done, the rest of the process happens very quickly.

We are consultants. We use it, however, we also provide services. If a client needs help with the implementation we can assist.

The licensing is on a yearly basis. It is somewhere around 30 or 40 pounds per user for our organization.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Zscaler.

I'd recommend the solution to other solutions. I would suggest they try it. It's simple to use and the costs aren't so high.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Overall, we have been very happy with the product.

6.3
More Zscaler Cloud Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls
Learn what your peers think about Zscaler Cloud Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.