AirMagnet Survey Reviews

industry
rating
Information Technology Specialist at a government with 51-200 employees
Aug 07 2018

What is most valuable?

It is reliable and easy to use (user-friendly). The heat mapping, passive network surveying, and doing the heat mapping of a building's wireless network allows me to see what level of coverage an area has.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is with the ease of use of the software, I am able to show the customer, "Here is what your wireless coverage looks like." It is set up in a fashion that non-technical people can understand it.

What needs improvement?

Printouts are JPEG printouts. The AirMagnet software is proprietary. I can't send my customers a file, because it is AirMagnet file, even for building projects. I can only send JPEGs or screenshots of heat maps.

What other advice do I have?

Call the manufacturer directly and talk to them about their product. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * Technical functionality * Competitive pricing * Government pricing discounts.
Suyanto Suyanto
Network Infrastructure Team Leader with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 18 2019

What do you think of AirMagnet Survey?

What is our primary use case?

Predictive survey Passive survey after implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to survey coverage after implementation.

What is most valuable?

Passive survey.

What needs improvement?

There is a feature "no auto-save" when the Proxim USB is disattached accidentally during survey. Newer adapters (adpter that support 802.11ac) not support noise Reading (I'am using Proxim 9100 USB Adapter).

Three to five years.
Find out what your peers are saying about netAlly, Ekahau, iBwave and others in Network Modeling. Updated: November 2019.
383,444 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Eyal Salei
User
C.E.O with 201-500 employees
Jun 07 2018

What do you think of AirMagnet Survey?

What is our primary use case?

We use this product in the hospitality, education (K-12), and healthcare industries.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us when dealing with the hospitality industry.

What is most valuable?

Clear and easy to use maps. It is easy to upload the maps

What needs improvement?

The pricing needs improvement.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About AirMagnet Survey

383,444 professionals have used our research since 2012.

AirMagnet Survey Questions

What is AirMagnet Survey?

AirMagnet Survey is a software-based site survey solution that allows IT and network professionals to plan and deploy wireless 802.11n/a/b/g/ac LAN for optimal performance, security and compliance. The tool provides users the ability to visualize RF coverage, collect real world performance data, and map interferers. The new Survey Mobile app allows for design and validation of lower end BYOD on Android phones and tablets.

AirMagnet Survey customers

Houston Methodist Hospital, Love's Travel Stops

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about netAlly, Ekahau, iBwave, and more!