AirMagnet Survey Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure And Operations at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Feb 26 2017

What is most valuable?

I use AirMagnet Survey heavily for the work that I do. My responsibility is to make sure that we have good coverage in our facilities. I have also used it in the past to do the site survey for placement of APs in a hospital.

How has it helped my organization?

I use it heavily, primarily for troubleshooting issues where there are complaints of inadequate coverage in an area. The product itself provides us a visual tool that we can use to show our clients that the wireless is either working or not... more»

What needs improvement?

The product is working much better than it had been. We can get it down to a tablet now, which was something that I was asking for. Now, we can run it on a Microsoft Surface. I don't use it now quite as heavily as I had been.
User at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 27 2017

What is most valuable?

I use almost all AirMagnet features. For the survey, I use PRO. I use Planner for planning tools. I use WiFi Analyzer for troubleshooting, and XT for the troubleshooting, as well.

How has it helped my organization?

The predictive survey has improved the way my organization functions. I use their planner when making the walls. You can create a real-world environment and then come up with the plan for APs. Once everything is in place or if a real-world... more»

What needs improvement?

The worst thing that is built into AirMagnet is, if your laptop crashes in the middle, all of the work you have done is gone. There should be an auto-save functionality. Currently, even if you stop the survey, save it, and your tool crashes,... more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Netscout, Ekahau, iBwave and others in Network Modeling.
288,321 professionals have used our research since 2012.
National Networking And Wireless Service Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feb 26 2017

What is most valuable?

I have been using AirMagnet for clients to do WiFi surveys. This is pretty much an AP-on-a-Stick survey. Right now, I'm on a deployment in which we are using it for a validation.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything about the AirMagnet is useful. It's good for work, giving us our SSID and throughput readings for the AC that is currently available. We have been using it primarily for the 2.4 and 5 GHz to create standard heat maps for their... more»

What needs improvement?

They need to get it up to speed with surveying and using the product on a tablet-based platform. Sometimes you don't have a stylus with you and you don't have the right-click functionalities in certain areas, like with the merge. If you have... more»
Project Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Jan 31 2017

What is most valuable?

The whole program itself benefits me. We use all of it when we're doing our surveys. The surveys, just the software in general, all of it works great. We've done hundreds of these surveys and with very few issues and problems.

How has it helped my organization?

The software is pretty much the same as it was three years ago. I wouldn't say there has really been anything that we've added to the software that's any different than when we first started.

What needs improvement?

Better integration of the Spectrum XT. Instead of just having the basic information of your spectrum analysis alongside Pro, I'd like to see the full report, and actually be able to highlight over where I walked and what I saw at that point... more»
CCIE Engineer at a tech services company
Mar 12 2017

What is most valuable?

We are using the multi-floor planner, which is very useful for us to create heat maps. We are also using the AirMagnet site survey. It's really helpful for us to know in which areas we are losing the signal and in which areas the signals are very good. So, this is very nice for us. We have created lots of plans through this AirMagnet tool. It's very good.

What needs improvement?

Whenever we are doing the site survey, it will catch most of the areas. However, for example, if we are creating the plan after doing the site survey, in some areas, it will show some signals but actually the signals are not there. The client will ask, "It is showing the signal here, but actually the signals are very weak. Even though it is still showing the... more»
See 26 more reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About AirMagnet Survey

288,321 professionals have used our research since 2012.

AirMagnet Survey Questions

AirMagnet Survey Projects By Members

AirMagnet Survey Consultants

What is AirMagnet Survey?

NETSCOUT’s AirMagnet Survey is a software-based site survey solution that allows IT and network professionals to plan and deploy wireless 802.11n/a/b/g/ac LAN for optimal performance, security and compliance. The tool provides users the ability to visualize RF coverage, collect real world performance data, and map interferers. The new Survey Mobile app allows for design and validation of lower end BYOD on Android phones and tablets.

AirMagnet Survey customers

Houston Methodist Hospital, Love's Travel Stops

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Network Modeling solution is right for you?

Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about Netscout, Ekahau, iBwave, and more!