ARCON Privileged Access Management Overview

ARCON Privileged Access Management is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Privileged Access Management tools. It is most often compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager: ARCON Privileged Access Management vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager

What is ARCON Privileged Access Management?

ARCON PAM is a full blown Privileged Access Management solution. It has a robust password vaulting technology that comes with AES- 256 Database encryption. Dual Factor Authentication, 4Eye Authentication functionalities and Granular Access Control enables an enterprise to block any unauthorized access attempt to critical information assets. All access is based on “Need to know” and “Need to do” basis. It has the largest connector stack. Its Single Sign On enables seamless access to a host of devices with just a single click.

The Solution enables an enterprise to monitor and analyze advanced threats in a real time. It has the best-in-class real-time threat analytics. It provides comprehensive audit trails and session recordings to ensure that all activities are tracked and these logs are encrypted and separately stored creating a legal hold.

Further, it has a highly scalable architecture that easily integrates with Third Party SIEM Solutions. It also supports cloud environment.

ARCON PAM is full-functionality solution at the most optimum pricing. More than 250 global enterprises spanning wide-ranging industries such as Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Government Organizations, Media, Health Care, and Fintech have deployed ARCON PAM as of today.

While the company continues to be a leader in India and the Middle East, it has gained a solid traction in Africa and APAC market thanks to its well-distributed global channel network and strong industry reputation it enjoys in the cyber security domain.

ARCON Privileged Access Management is also known as ARCON ARCOS, ARCON PAM.

Download the Privileged Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

ARCON Privileged Access Management Customers
RAK Bank, AXIS Bank, Reliance Capital, Kotak Life Insurance, MTS
ARCON Privileged Access Management Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

FH
Senior Consultant (e-Governance) Leveraging ICT for Growth, Employment and Governance at Bangladesh Computer Council
Auto-discovery, access control, and privilege management are valuable features of this tool

What is our primary use case?

Multi-user, multi-OS, multi-database, and multi-hardware platforms Cisco, Huawei, IBM, HP, Dell, etc. Lots of networking equipment including F5 Networks.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps in managing privileged access management as well as password management. Auto-discovery Access control.

What is most valuable?

Auto-discovery Access control Privilege management Security controls Identity discovery Usage of privileged accounts Time of sessions and monitoring of sessions.

What needs improvement?

Security Access management Illegal activity finding.

Still implementing.

Good.

Good…
RY
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Automates and encrypts our password management, but upgrades are not straightforward

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for managing the access to our devices; privileged administrative access to the devices is handled through ARCON.

• "Previously, we had to go through some effort to change the credentials of our devices. The process was subject to human error... For things like managing credentials, some kind of register had to be maintained. With the Password Vault of ARCON, all these processes are automated. The credentials are changed, as per the schedule. The information is encrypted, kept in our vault, and sent to all the email addresses within the ARCON solution itself."
  • "Currently, we can manage only the SSH or RDP connections, but there are many more devices that are present, apart from our SSH and RDP. We want all this to be part of the ARCON solution. For the password management, they should increase the pool of supported devices, they should have more connectors."
  • "Currently, along with the upgrade of the ARCON solution, we have to consider the desktops and the endpoints from where the solution will have to be accessed. We have to upgrade those endpoints and desktops as well. So upgrades are not smooth."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would depend on how your administrators are placed, because it depends a lot on the desktop that they're using. It has dependencies on the .NET framework the ActiveX version. So, if you have a uniform environment, and it's very easy to upgrade the endpoints, then ARCON could be considered. Because, for any upgrade of the ARCON solution, an upgrade of the endpoints is required, for the desktops. It's from there that the administrator will be accessing the ARCON solution. It is a little complex. But if you have a uniform environment, you should consider ARCON. It has all the…
Find out what your peers are saying about ARCON, CyberArk, Broadcom and others in Privileged Access Management. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Praveen Yadav
Information Security Professional at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Our administrators are more conscientious due to the recording feature

What is our primary use case?

Primary use is to control Microsoft administrators.

• "One important feature is the administrator access, mainly for Windows machines as well as Linux machines. It is important for us because there is accountability associated with each user ID. And the recordings are also helpful."
  • "It should be browser-agnostic and, frankly, it is working well on Internet Explorer. It should work on popular browsers like Mozilla and Firefox."
  • "I would like to see a "wild card" kind of a feature or something that would enable us to search the video."
  • "It would be helpful to have a "Favorites" list. For example, if I have 100 servers but I only go to 10 servers frequently, a Favorites list would allow me to go through those ten servers only."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise, during the implementation itself, in the beginning, to start with the 20 servers only. Then test it thoroughly, not as a product but, rather, the implementation methodology. What happened with us, during implementation, was that some users caused some problems. Actually, they weren't problems, rather they were more a user culture change, and how integration would happen with the SIM. I would rate this solution at eight out of 10. It's a good product to have but it's not a 10 because most of the features don't get implemented. It would be helpful if they could arrange it so that…
Rajesh Gurikar
Manager, RPA at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Gives us excellent compliance features, including reports and server-change records

What is our primary use case?

We use it to access all the servers.

• "For compliance, each change I do, in each of the servers, is clearly recorded. We recently faced an audit and this was an awesome feature. Even our auditor had praise for it saying, "This is really a good feature.""
  • "The user interface, overall, is really good. If I have some 20 servers in my ID, I can easily see for which servers I have read-only access, for which servers I have prompt-access, and for which servers I have server admin access."
  • "There are no APIs readily available... I'm working on automation for ARCON so that whatever the ARCON administrator is doing will be automated, rather than having to do it manually. For that, I had to spend months to get the API developed myself. Having that handy out of the box, that would really help..."

What other advice do I have?

It has really helped us a lot. It's a wonderful platform.
Anumod Kaimal
Senior Officer- Information Security

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is to give privileged access to critical resources, including monitoring and auditability.

• "It was very easy for us to move this application and database from on-premise to cloud, as well as configure new things, such as load balancing. The product is very compatible."
  • "Video and audio logs are there for any activities that the privileged admin carries out."
  • "For the in-house built applications, they need to provide good, solid access through their portal."

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the application. The scope and specs that we had are met by this product. It is a very good product which is scalable.
AP
Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Passwords are automatically changed within our system

What is our primary use case?

We have a team of people who do the administration activity for servers and databases before our kiosk came into the picture. They used to share a common user ID along with the password among each other. Now, after our kiosks came in, they login into our kiosks with their old user ID, enter the ID, and the underlying connection is a common ID, but the password, they do not know.

• "With this log available, we can drill down to the activities performed by the people within our kiosk. There is a great feature where in the case of Unix servers, we have our own text-based logs. In the case of Window's server, we cannot create a text-based log, so our kiosk takes the screenshot or picture of the screen when I am working. It does this every three seconds."
  • "The initial setup was very simple. There was only one server we had to setup. We needed to store all the passwords, and a secure database is used."
  • "The auto-password change feature which was recently added. It is supposed to change the password. However, in some cases, while changing the password, it has caused me to lose to connection due to network-related issues or something similar. What we need to have is a type of log for failure of password change."

What other advice do I have?

The first time, we manually updated the password. Afterwards, it changed on its own automatically. For our requirements, this is the best product out there.
AI
Head of Information Security & Risk Assurance at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is we want to control the access of the administrator. We have a lot of the administrators in our organization who have privileged access on the infrastructure, devices, servers, and network devices. We want to control this access, and at the same time, monitor this access. We use it to control privileged access of administrators on infrastructure and security devices, then monitor them from time to time.

• "It gives us a lot of comfort in terms of security level. Our infrastructure devices and servers are secured and nobody can have unauthorized access to them."
  • "The best part of this product is the administrator convenience. The portal is very user-friendly. An administrator can use it very easily."
  • "This product is lacking in terms of dashboarding analytics and should have user behavior analytics. It should also have better dashboarding for executive management and security managers, which this product is missing."
  • "Anti-bridging should be built into product."

What other advice do I have?

The product is really a good product and a good value for the money, in terms of costs, user convenience, and functionality that they offer. It is a comprehensive, apart from a few things. The dashboarding and analytics are not very good, so they have to work on these two parts. Apart from those, they should have an anti-bridging functionality too. They are lacking only with these few things. I am sure they will be working on these points very soon, and they will be add to the roadmap to bridge the gap. If any customer is looking for this product, and comparing it with another product in the…
SS
IT Infrastructure Management at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Enables us to meet regulatory and auditing requirements

What is our primary use case?

We use it for privileged access management for our production environment. We use it to record all of the changes that take place in our entire environment. That is the main function because there is a lot of compliance that we need to meet. It helps us meet those requirements.

What other advice do I have?

It's a go-ahead for any organization that is looking to meet their compliance and audit requirements. This is a very good product to go with for getting your work done. It meets most of the requirements we have. I did not give it a nine out of 10 because there are still more requests that I am looking to have fulfilled, changes to be implemented in a new version. These would make the product more stable, as well as a better product on the market.
it_user864609
Head IT-Security at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Enables provisioning of administrative access, records administrative activities in logs

What is our primary use case?

Controlling the privileged access to all the target servers.

• "After storing the administrator password in this password vault of the solution, the solution can automatically go and change the password based on the defined frequency with the defined complexity."
  • "It is recording video records for Windows and command-line reports for others, Linux and AIX, of whatever activities being carries by that particular administrator."
  • "One thing which needs improvement is where it is keeping video logs of Windows Servers, whatever activities are being carried out by the administrator. Because Windows logs are a video, they are unsearchable, so if you need to search for a specific administrator and what he has done on a server, right now you need to go through different video logs of that particular timeframe. I think they are coming up with an additional feature where in it can be indexed and can be searchable."

What other advice do I have?

Obviously your administrators should participate in the decision to buy this product, because they will have to go through the solution to access any server or any device on which they wish to do administration. At times, initially, it may seem to people who are doing administration that their flexibility is removed. You have to make them aware that the solution brings them flexibility in terms of not remembering the passwords of many servers; when they have a number of servers to be administered, they write down the passwords. Those issues are taken away. It also provides a lot of security to…
it_user854085
Manager (Systems) at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
We have been able to automate previously manual access management processes

What is our primary use case?

We use it for privileged access management.

• "If you take Microsoft hypervisor - which comes with its own interface, its own web layer, etc. - something like that also requires privileged IDs. As per our institution policy now, everything has to come through ARCON. We have demanded that these kind of advanced features also should be there."

What other advice do I have?

Have your access management process is in line. If you have complex processes, or you have not defined it, it will be rather difficult to implement any such product. I give ARCON a nine out of 10. The missing point is for not quickly adapting, as per the example I mentioned above, regarding integrations. I don't know whether it's a deficiency at their end, maybe that proactiveness is not there. Or maybe there are too many changes happening in the market, they might not be able to cope with all the changes that are happening. Lately, in the last year or so, all technical products in the IT…
    it_user831819
    Chief Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
    Interaction between the servers and the client is recorded, which is helpful for analysis

What is our primary use case?

Used for server access management.

• "The entire conversation that is happening between the servers and the client is recorded. It is a good feature if you want to do some analysis, and for investigation."

What other advice do I have?

We have suggested to other operations that they test this product. We have always spoken well about this product.
      it_user823761
      IT Security Mananger
      Prevents unauthorized authentication changes and improves our security

What is our primary use case?

Privileged access management, to protect privileged access.

How has it helped my organization?

It prevents unauthorized authentication changes and improves our security.

What is most valuable?

Video capture.

What needs improvement?

They need to support all web browsers. At the moment it only supports Explorer, IE. They have to come up with a solution to support all browsers.

Three to five years.

Stability is fine, it's good actually.

Yes it is scalable, it has capacity to scale up and expand.

Tech support is very good.

Which solution did

it_user827673
      IT Manager
      Streamlines management, configuration, and more secure access to servers

• "The usability should be expanded to other browsers like Chrome and Firefox."

What other advice do I have?

Product is very efficient. Thorough testing needs to be done prior to implementation to test the solution in your specific architecture.
        it_user826695
        IT and Infosec Professional
        Video logs help us to identify any misuse of privileged accounts

• "The video logs help us to identify any misuse of privileged accounts."
        • "We expect improvement in the dashboards to provide visibility of password compliance status, whenever a password is opened from the vault. Also, flexibility to customize the live dashboard."
        • "We would like to see support for privileged accounts used in web-based systems like Blue Coat Secure Web Gateway, VMware ESXI management tools, etc."

What other advice do I have?

Every organization has a different environment, so do a thorough evaluation for different connection channels it supports like RDP, SSH, Telnet, web browsers, etc.
        it_user822438
        Windows System Engineer
        Eases network admin by logging changes securely, but needs support for more browsers

• "Logging, particularly screen recording for Windows RDP sessions. Also, command-logging for SSH sessions. This really helps us to see what commands/changes have been executed in a particular service at a given point of time, and by whom."
        • "The product is browser dependent. As of now, it only works on Internet Explorer from the client side. Admins cannot use any other browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.) to access the client manager online."

What other advice do I have?

ARCOS is a powerful, stable, and reasonable product for anyone looking for a PAM solution.
        it_user824787
        Portfolio Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
        Gives you all the features in a very cost-effective solution

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for privileged identity management. We are an ARCON partner and nowadays, in the industry, every customer is asking about a PAM product.

• "They they should focus on support. The support needs to be very strong. Since the product is becoming stronger, their support team also should be equally strong. They should respond to open queries within the time limit they have set. Their support team should be more technical, to understand the issue or the set up."

What other advice do I have?

Arcon fits the requirements, at a small cost. In terms of advice, I would first check with you what your requirements are and what budget you're looking at. Budget varies but requirements are the most important. If your requirements match this product... Whenever any customer comes to us, we first check if ARCON meets their requirements. If ARCON doesn't meet their requirements then we recommend another product. I would rate this product at eight out of 10. There are still a lot of improvements which we have suggested to them, they will probably be available within the next three or four…
          Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan
          Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
          Session recording covers compliance and our in-house applications

• "Session recording is the most valuable feature, as it covers compliance and it also covers our in-house applications."
          • "It should support the SQL Always On platform with FQDN name instead of IP."
          • "Initially, there were some issues with .NET applications in Windows 10 systems."

What other advice do I have?

Definitely go for user training before full deployment.
          Download our free Privileged Access Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about ARCON, CyberArk, Broadcom, and more!