BiZZdesign HoriZZon Overview

BiZZdesign HoriZZon is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Architecture Management tools. It is most often compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: BiZZdesign HoriZZon vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect

What is BiZZdesign HoriZZon?

HoriZZon is a technologically advanced product that leverages cutting-edge web, cloud, data integration, collaboration, social and analytic technologies. On one hand, it enables architects and analysts to analyze potential change scenarios, design better processes, and assess risk. On the other hand, it helps business stakeholders create, navigate, analyze (e.g. by using color or label views), use on demand charts, or free format explore (impact of change) the content in the repository.

BiZZdesign HoriZZon is also known as HoriZZon.

BiZZdesign HoriZZon Buyer's Guide

Download the BiZZdesign HoriZZon Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

BiZZdesign HoriZZon Customers
VIVAT Insurance, Huf Portuguesa, Erasmus University, Royal Bank of Scotland
BiZZdesign HoriZZon Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BiZZdesign HoriZZon pricing:
  • "[The] Orbus... pricing model was based on every single functionality having a price. The pricing was comparable but if we wanted to scale, it would have ended up being a lot more expensive. BiZZdesign gave us one price with all of the functionality, and we could scale as much as we needed."

Olga Lucia Salgado
Senior Enterprise Architect at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Helps us decide where we should invest in our IT portfolio, and will help us with mitigating risk in our landscape

What is our primary use case?

We use it for enterprise architecture information, with the main purpose today being to analyze our IT investment portfolio and the architecture related to it. That includes process, data, applications, and infrastructure. We collect all of that information by each of our initiatives or projects and we analyze it there. It gives us a single source of data. We're using the latest cloud version.

• "I like the flexibility of the modeling part for standards like ArchiMate and, at same time, BPMN. It allows us to connect elements from different areas and to have a single repository and a single source of truth. It gives us one place to do analysis throughout the organization."
  • "There is room for improvement in making it more seamless between the modeling and the analysis pieces. Sometimes you have to do some work in the backend to ensure that the HoriZZon portal really gets all of the information the way you want it. They are working on the seamlessness between what they call Enterprise Studio and HoriZZon."

What other advice do I have?

Start simple and be consistent and understand what is the longer-term vision, as well. That way, you know what the next step is and can keep growing in that direction. If you try to start with a complex model and to capture every single piece of data that is important from the beginning, it's going to be a bit bigger task. And because you really need to start showing value, you need to start with a small amount of information and keep growing from there. HoriZZon, is an important part of the solution. For any use case that you create, you should really create it in parallel on the HoriZZon…
Sr Manager Enterprise Architect at CSL Behring
Fast loading, easy to use, and has strong modeling capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for enterprise architecture diagrams. We are working with ArchiMate and we have several hundred diagrams for specific purposes, like current state architecture, future state architecture, capability maps, and road maps.

• "The feature I find most valuable is that the start times and loading times are short. It takes only a few seconds to load the repository and whenever I want to open diagrams, they are there almost immediately."
  • "The repository of duplicate objects is bad."

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a seven or eight out of ten, because of the missing features. I like its strong capabilities of modeling and I am impressed by the fact that it is easy to use.
Learn what your peers think about BiZZdesign HoriZZon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PH
Owner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Powerful tool with many features and powerful editing functions, strongly supporting modeling standards.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases are for consulting on enterprise architecture and support of digital transformation, and I also use BiZZdesign as a tool.

• "The powerful editing function in teamwork project-based, common or shared modeling, based on a powerful repository and knowledge sharing in a portal are the most valuable features. These are the most important features for me. I can add the integration of individual modeling notations like Archimate plus BPMN and DMN, and so on. We travel from one location to another and the tool allows us to keep track."
  • "It should be more open to integrating with other existing tools. Although there has been progress in the past."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to plan and think in advance, to be prepared in terms of what to model, for what purpose and for whom, and to prepare an internal enterprise architecture framework. Then only afterward implement it into a tool because the tool will guide you. But if you don't know what you want it's really open and customizable, but will not guide you. It's really important to work a few days or weeks on your framework and then easily implement it in the tool. The other advice I would give is from the beginning be in touch with C level management as a sponsor of enterprise architecture and use…
JL
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A poor user experience and system instability made this solution too frustrating to work with

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution was architecture modeling and ArchiMate. We have now switched and are no longer using this solution. It was deployed on-premises.

• "The initial setup of this solution was very straightforward."
  • "We tested it, and we had support from BiZZdesign, including patches, but it just didn't do what we wanted."

What other advice do I have?

We have now moved to a new solution that works. The most important things are stability, collaboration, and of course, the user experience. Stability is a very important part of the user experience. I do not recommend using BiZZdesign. It is too much of a niche solution. Solutions like Enterprise Architect, or Visual Paradigm, are much more usable for the different kinds of audiences and users. For example, with Visual Paradigm, you can also model business processes and UML models. I would rate this solution a one out of ten.
AnthonyHomo
Enterprise Information Technology Architect at Akka Technologies
Easy to use and the graphical representation is simple but therefore efficient

• "t's a good tool. My colleagues that are making use of it for application, business processes, or data modeling, are very satisfied with it. They find it easy to use. The graphical representation is simple but therefore efficient, so I know that they are planning a very good commencement on the use of these tools."
  • "It lacks capabilities with regard to infrastructure modeling."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to follow the training. It's nice to use when you know how to use it. At first, it's good to have some explanations on how it is working. And this information is very important in order to set up your BiZZdesign environments, your libraries, typically, from an architecture standpoint, to make sure that you use it efficiently. I know that this has been a problem at setup time, so it's not a software installation problem. It is a problem with customization. It's important to have a proper understanding of how BiZZdesign works if you want to make…
OlcayKorol
Founder at MOS
Has good application, portfolio, data, architectures, and modeling features

What is our primary use case?

Our customers' primary use cases include application portfolio, information, and data architecture.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the application, portfolio, data, architectures, and modeling things.

What needs improvement?

The automatic data collection and interface need improvement.

We've been using this solution since 2016.

The stability is fine.

Scalability is okay. There are twenty users in my company. We require two staff members for the maintenance.

Their support is really good.

Download our free BiZZdesign HoriZZon Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.