CA Workload Automation Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
IT Process Automation Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 05 2018

What is most valuable?

We often have to implement complicated processes. Automic Automation Engine provides us the ability to map logic using a scripting language. We have an advantage where… more»

How has it helped my organization?

We automate recurring processes, keeping track of IT processes controlled worldwide.

What needs improvement?

We see improvement possibilities in the processing provision of predefined evaluations or individual objects, or in the Self Service portal, which can be used by any user… more»

Everyone has to decide for themselves which licensing model is best suited to their environment.

We had scheduled jobs on a mainframe system. By replacing the mainframe with a Unix system, we also changed the scheduler.

What other advice do I have?

Consult onsite support for the first implementation. Errors made at the beginning can only be corrected with great effort afterwards.

We evaluated between different scheduling systems. We finally decided on the Automic solution.
System Architect at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Nov 18 2018

How has it helped my organization?

This solution enables us to improve our daily processing times. We can do everything faster than before we used this solution.

What needs improvement?

The installation process is complex, and is pretty archaic. The people who developed this had very little concern with GUI interface and it is all command line. Everything is K-space, and if you misspell a task by uppercase, lower case, etc. you just completely think that the task is different.

It is an overpriced solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would not say this is for a large shop, but for a small shop it is overpriced.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, IBM and others in Workload Automation. Updated: February 2020.
398,567 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Staff Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Apr 03 2018

What is most valuable?

* Enterprise cross-platform scheduling * MVS scheduling We have couple of hundred thousand jobs scheduled monthly via ESP so it is critical.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped to simplify cross-dependency between MVS and Open systems jobs. Also adding new agents is easy, scheduling is easier and faster.

What needs improvement?

Reduce the number of operational files. This would make the job of a system programmer supporting ESP easier. In the present design, there are too many operational files to maintain.

We had to choose an alternate scheduling tool.

What other advice do I have?

Great tool, excellent technical support, stable product.
Chandra Mohan Suruliappan
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 30 2018

What is most valuable?

Virtual machine usage: It helped us to schedule the job to run on multiple servers based on the workload. It is automatically taking care of workload balance based on configuration settings. Calendar usage is also very useful. It allows us to use our own calendar.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to avoid manual error. It helped us to reduce the manual efforts also. Helped us by giving alerts for long running jobs.

What needs improvement?

* It needs improvement in the high-availability side. * It needs improvement in WCC console and EEM console to make it user-friendly.
User
Consultant with 1-10 employees
Feb 28 2018

What do you think of CA Workload Automation?

What is our primary use case?

We use CA Workload Automation AE r11.3.6 to automate enterprise-wide scheduling and file transfers using an FTP plugin.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization by automating IT applications. The solution is used to invoke scripts and batches across multiple systems and the dependency is managed.

What is most valuable?

Administering with the command line: The feature creates similar jobs in bulk using the command line.

What needs improvement?

Managing agents centrally (installing, changing configuration, starting and stopping, and upgrading). The WCC could be…
Dave Jannetty
User
Technology Director at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 01 2018

What do you think of CA Workload Automation?

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use CA Workload Automation AE for batch management processing throughout the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

The tool provides added flexibility for our customers while maintaining our required control points.

What is most valuable?

The web UI is beneficial and the granular security policies allow us to cover all of our audit requirements.

What needs improvement?

Performance improvements in the UI would be appreciated. It lacks support and integration with cloud computing platforms.

More than five years.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About CA Workload Automation

398,567 professionals have used our research since 2012.

CA Workload Automation Questions

What is CA Workload Automation?

CA Workload Automation is an enterprise scheduling solution for the automation of IT processes in a heterogeneous environment. It automates and delivers millions of mission-essential services across thousands of companies worldwide. With the CA team and expert community, you get so much more than software. Work with us to get to mission-accomplished—every second of your business.

CA Workload Automation customers