IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Orfelio Maycotte
Data Modeler Manager / Application Development Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 05 2019

What is most valuable?

Even when a masking-on-demand feature was provided, we decided to write our own to meet the actual business needs. Currently embedded in an Oracle instance, it allows us to reach all kinds of RDBMS.

How has it helped my organization?

While allowing us to eliminate all sensitive data in lower environments, it also allows us to integrate in-house developed libraries.

What needs improvement?

Areas of improvement: * Installation is too cumbersome. * GUI * Very clunky Windows 3.1 look and feel. Additional features: Unless I missed something, the direct connectivity to DB2i rather than going through a federated server.
User
Database Security Consultant at a tech services company
Jun 19 2018

What do you think of IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management?

What is our primary use case?

I have implemented IBM Optim Test Data Management on several clients from the financial and healthcare industries. Dozens of database servers were covered and running RDBMS, like Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2.

How has it helped my organization?

My clients improved the quality of test data in their non-production environments and the privacy of sensitive information.

What is most valuable?

Data masking features are the most valuable, as non-production environments are used by diverse parties and data privacy has to be guaranteed.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to combine different masking functions on the same column map, making more complex masking without the need to write a Lua procedure.

For how long have I used the

Find out what your peers are saying about CA Test Data Manager vs. IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management and other solutions. Updated: May 2019.
346,318 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sharan Kumar
Technical Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 11 2018

What do you think of IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management?

What is our primary use case?

I have worked with IBM Optim tool, and implemented it in automobile, finance, and health care organizations on all its four solutions - Data Archiving (DG), Test Data Management (TDM), Data Masking (DP) and Application Retirement.

How has it helped my organization?

Data archiving saved much storage and improved production performance. We were able to achieve data privatization.

What is most valuable?

Its data masking feature is very effective and the latest improvisation in this is UMask which I expect to be another powerful add-on.

What needs improvement?

The Core Optim was much better than the newer front-end release Designer & Manager, which added more complexity. However, the newer release has more elaborate reports.

For how long have I

Sharan Kumar
Technical Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 06 2019

What do you think of IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management?

What is our primary use case?

Data archiving on some of the packaged applications, test data management and data masking on custom as well as packaged applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Performance improvement in the application by archiving the obsolete data on some of the packaged applications.

What is most valuable?

Data archiving reduces application performance issues and storage. Test data management Data masking for GDPR.

What needs improvement?

Improvisation in the area of the self-service user interface for test data management is required to cater to test data needs.

More than five years.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management

346,318 professionals have used our research since 2012.

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Questions

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Projects By Members

What is IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management?

IBM Optim solutions manage data from requirements to retirement. They boost performance, empower collaboration, and improve governance across applications, databases and platforms. By managing data properly over its lifetime, organisations are better equipped to support business goals with less risk.

Also known as