iServer Overview

iServer is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Architecture Management tools. It is most often compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: iServer vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect

What is iServer?

iServer is a unified software platform and enterprise modeling environment that extends and enhances the familiar, market leading Microsoft Visio and Office products. Core capabilities provided by iServer include an enhanced Microsoft Visio diagramming interface, a powerful central repository for all enterprise architecture or business process models and documentation, and a range of tools for visualization, analysis and decision making.

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

iServer Customers

Barclays, Cathay Pacific, Deloitte, British Gas, MasterCard

iServer Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Anuj Shahi
Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
The best feature is the reporting, and the graphs that results from the reporting. There are other solutions out there that have a better user-interface.

What is our primary use case?

iServer is a solution that helps catalog enterprise architect solutions and catalog information.

How has it helped my organization?

You have to spend about 14 to 15 days learning it, but once you learn it, it is easy to use.

What is most valuable?

The best features are the reporting and graphs, which result from the reporting.

What needs improvement?

It definitely needs help to improve the visual aspect of the solution.  If they could help assist the user towards an architecture roadmap, that would be ideal.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable.

It is scalable.

How is

it_user771597
IT Security at a maritime company with 10,001+ employees
We are able to see the impact analysis in real-time if any component goes down, but more ways to report data would be useful

What is most valuable?

Integrating the Microsoft documents to the product and visualization matrix where we can see the end-to-end relationship of the network is of great importance to our company.

How has it helped my organization?

We have uploaded all the internal documents to the tool. We are able to see the impact analysis in real-time if any component goes down.

What needs improvement?

More visualization techniques and ways to report the data might be helpful.

Two years.

Yes, we have had issues with stability.

No issues.

A seven out of 10 for technical support. …
Find out what your peers are saying about Orbus Software, Sparx Systems, MEGA International and others in Architecture Management. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user722235
Senior Associate Consultant at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Cannot see which activities are control activities when presenting process maps. Client support has been great.

• "It has helped having data lineage in the business cluster, which is used as control artifacts."
  • "Cannot see which activities are control activities."

What other advice do I have?

Understand what is the objective of using this system. If you just want to draw a process map, I would advise using Visio.
Manager Governance, Risk and Compliance at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good and effective reporting features, which help in decision making

• "Good and effective reporting features, which help in decision making."
  • "Enhancing integration options with ERP or ITSM-related solutions for triggering automated requests for process definitions, changes, and tracking them in the iServer."

What other advice do I have?

Have your manual process definitions ready and up-to-date. The relationships between objects to be defined should also be clear and ready. It will help reduce the time to implement the processes.
Enterprise Information Architect at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Setup is straightforward, but the display of relationships between objects is not automatic.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would say that it's a poor man's EA repository. It seems like a good idea, but doesn't really work in practice. It's really two components, Visio and the iServer repository, and there is no live-link between them, so the Visio diagrams can be out-of-date. Don't implement it, you should stick with Visio, as this is a solution that ends up having the worst of both worlds.