Kiuwan Overview

Kiuwan is the #9 ranked solution in our list of AST tools. It is most often compared to SonarQube: Kiuwan vs SonarQube

What is Kiuwan?

Software analytics technology with a breadth of third party integrations that takes into account the wealth of applications your teams are currently using.

We facilitate and encourage work between unlocalized teams. We understand the complexity of working on multi technology environments, constantly striving to increase the number of programming languages and technologies we support.

Download the Application Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Kiuwan Customers

DHL, BNP Paribas, Zurich, AXA, Ernst & Young, KFC, Santander, Latam, Ferrovial

Kiuwan Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kiuwan pricing:
  • "This solution is cheaper than other tools."
  • "It follows a subscription model. I think the price is somewhere in the middle."

Felix Esteban
Head of Development and Consulting at Logalty
Helps us find security vulnerabilities in our code before our customers do

What is our primary use case?

We have just recently adopted this solution to use for our code security. We are still new to using these kinds of tools.

• "We are using this solution to increase the quality of our software and to test the vulnerabilities in our tools before the customers find them."
  • "I would like to see better integration with the Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs."

What other advice do I have?

For the moment, this is a solution that I could recommend. It is a cheaper way for us to enter into working on code security. The biggest lesson that I have learned to make sure that we do not have any big security issues during development. We are confident about the vulnerabilities that are being found in our Java code, but we are not sure about other languages such as Angular. This solution may not be able to detect all of the problems that are in the code. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
FP
Test Engineer at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
A scalable tool with quality analysis and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We analyze all the portfolio of applications from the customer. The customer is within the government of Spain. We analyze all their applications. On the portfolio of publications, we run analyses from all the applications.

• "The solution offers very good technical support."
  • "The solution seems to give us a lot of false positives. This could be improved quite a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We are using the latest version of the solution. Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's worked quite well for us so far.
Find out what your peers are saying about Kiuwan, SonarSource, Veracode and others in Application Security. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Felix Esteban
Head of Development and Consulting at Logalty
Continuous integration process enables us to make the best in terms of security

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to focus on and discover the vulnerabilities in our code, to clean the code and to make it safer and more secure for our customers. We are a customer of Kiuwan and sell it to our customers. We employ an analyzer for our coding.

• "The solution has a continuous integration process."
  • "Integration of the programming tools could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is easy to work with. It takes a day or two to get used to it but after that it's easy to use and there's enough documentation in the tool. We haven't had problems using it. I would rate this product an eight out of 10. It's not perfect but it's good for us.
Ernst Marais
Software Architect at Digital Solution Foundry (Pty) Ltd
A usable and friendly interface, and is helping to improve the quality of our development process

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and we are using this solution with one of our clients. The primary use case for this solution is security and vulnerability testing. We are currently integrating this solution into our software development process. We have a public cloud deployment.

• "The most valuable feature is the time to resolution, where it tells you how long it is going to take to get to a zero-base or a five-star security rating."
  • "I would like to see better integration with Azure DevOps in the next release of this solution."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this software is that we weren't as secure as we had thought. You think that you have pretty decent security until you get the tool and see where you are short. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
RK
Information Security Specialist at a tech company with 51-200 employees
An application security platform that provides detailed reports about the risk index

What is our primary use case?

I'm currently working at a FinTech company, and we normally use Kiuwan for code analysis. This helps us ensure that our product complies with proper codes.

• "I like that it provides a detailed report that lets you know the risk index and the vulnerability."
  • "The integration process could be improved. It'll also help if it could generate reports automatically. But I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the reports. This is because, in our last project, we still found some key issues that weren't captured by the Kiuwan report."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kiuwan an eight.