Matillion ETL Overview

Matillion ETL is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to Talend Open Studio: Matillion ETL vs Talend Open Studio

What is Matillion ETL?

Matillion ETL for Redshift is a fast, modern, easy-to-use and powerful ETL/ELT tool that makes it simple and productive to load and transform data on Amazon Redshift.  100 x faster than traditional ETL technology, up and running in under 5 minutes and prices from $1.37 per hour, with no commitments or up-front costs.

Matillion ETL is also known as Matillion ETL for Redshift, Matillion ETL for Snowflake, Matillion ETL for BigQuery.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Matillion ETL Customers

Thrive Market, MarketBot, PWC, Axtria, Field Nation, GE, Superdry, Quantcast, Lightbox, EDF Energy, Finn Air, IPRO, Twist, Penn National Gaming Inc

Matillion ETL Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Matillion ETL pricing:
  • "The solution is very cheap. You're paying $2.50 an hour and if you set your service up, which you can do, you're not getting charged. Currently, our ETL process is just an overnight process that runs for about an hour. I can start and stop my server just for an hour if I want to and spent $2.50 a day for an ETL solution. There are no additional costs."
  • "Its price depends on what you expect. You pay on a monthly basis, but there is a possibility to have special contracts depending on the installation."

AH
Solutions Architect at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
An inexpensive solution that's very fast and extremely easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We're populating a data warehouse, which is the primary focus, but we are also using it to populate our data lake with unstructured data.

• "It's highly scalable. It takes upon itself the Redshift scalability, so it's very good."
  • "Ideally, I would like it to integrate with Secrets Manager as well as the AWS."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest enterprise version of the solution with the public cloud deployment model. They're constantly improving themselves. I'm quite pleased with the pace of the number of changes that are coming out all the time. It's a great product and I think it's very competitive. I would recommend the solution. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
AG
Managing Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A stable and scalable solution that allows you to do a lot of generic stuff and comes with good GUI and support

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting company. We provide services to our customers. You can use this solution for every use case for which you use an on-premise solution. You can use it for cloud data warehousing in the cloud. You can use it with other cloud databases such as Snowflake or Synapse. We are using its latest version.

• "The simplicity of this tool is nice. It has a good graphical user interface. You can also do a lot of generic stuff in the tool. If there is good connectivity to a cloud database, such as Snowflake, and you can have a lot of Snowflake functionality in the tool."
  • "It can have multi-environment support. We should be able to deploy it in different environments. Its integration with SAP connection is not so nice, which should be improved. It can also support an on-prem database."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep providing it. I would rate Matillion ETL an eight out of ten.
Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Matillion, Informatica, SnapLogic, and more!